First render

Showcase your XNALara artwork or anything else you want to show off here!

Moderators: Dazzy, Love2Raid

Joshpho

First render

Post by Joshpho »

Here's my very first render! Criticisms welcome :)

http://i4.minus.com/iEFxx3EkJMHbz.png

I think I'm going to redo the whole thing much larger and correct some of the hand and facial expressions. Is it possible to add more bones to models?

Also, what is the best way/tutorial for rendering models in Maya? Currently I'm just saving them as images in XNAL and then importing them to Photoshop, but I imagine doing a proper render would result in higher quality.
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Re: First render

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Joshpho wrote:Here's my very first render! Criticisms welcome :)

http://i4.minus.com/iEFxx3EkJMHbz.png

I think I'm going to redo the whole thing much larger and correct some of the hand and facial expressions. Is it possible to add more bones to models?

Also, what is the best way/tutorial for rendering models in Maya? Currently I'm just saving them as images in XNAL and then importing them to Photoshop, but I imagine doing a proper render would result in higher quality.
First you say? I don't believe it ;)

Looks good, :thumbup:

More bones can be added if you are decent at rigging, knowledge of those dark arts I leave to the others....

Most people around here I think stick to rendering in Blender or 3dsmax, but there may be tutorials around for Maya on TRF... sorry I'm not much help on those two.
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Yep, I had to rub my eyes just to make sure I didn't misread that. :lol: Very nice first render... if that's really your first! :P :)
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

Joshpho

Post by Joshpho »

Haha you guys are too kind :) Yes, it's my first render... I've worked in Photoshop previously but this is the first time with 3D.
ProtocolX27 wrote:
Most people around here I think stick to rendering in Blender or 3dsmax, but there may be tutorials around for Maya on TRF... sorry I'm not much help on those two.
I have 3D Max too... Is there a tutorial for that most people use? I don't really care what program, I just want to be able to render them :lol:
PoophairJones
Custom Rank: Baebsae

Post by PoophairJones »

nice render here :D

about the bones... make sure you use the most recent ports in this folder https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=C43C8698 ... C9E2FB!542
i ported those but i know that Maya was also ported by someone on deviantart and that that version doesn't have many face bones ><
Also i had a older Lilith port with bad face rigging up some time ago so you might wanna update her too