The Move

General information about this site, including rules and announcements.

Moderators: Dazzy, Love2Raid

semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

The Move

Post by semory »

So after all the trouble with Yahoo! web hosting I moved the forum. Unfortunately, sticklove.com is stuck on Yahoo! for a whole year due to the fact that I just renewed it a month ago. Since they don't offer refunds for bad service, the move was necessary. For the next week, the forum is going to be very buggy until we replace all links in the database with new ones. Marvin and I will be working on fixing the database, and I'll also redo the old theme and restore the chatbox again in the upcoming week. Until then, you guys can still do stuff as normal (if your eyes can take this bright theme), and hopefully within a week or so things will be back to the way they were. Also, let me know if, when, and where things are broken and I will try to fix them as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience,
Steven
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: The Move

Post by MisterHentai »

BRIGHT THEME NO MORE! :fyea:

And no problems, so as long as basic functionality is intact and we can all pwai with each other again. :lol:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

:snathink:

What of the Sticklove name though? How's it going to work now? :runcry:

Guess we will REALLY have to get our asses into gear to work on that main banner. :LOL:

A few more months and Sticklove could've been two. :(
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

Yaaaay, we're back. :XD: :fyea:
WTF though, damn Yahoo they don't deserve your money! :rage:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

And you ever wonder why they gone to shit! :LOL:

Though it could be inevitable, perhaps Google may go the same too. :mis:
Dank Buttsen

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

I still wanna keep the name "Sticklove" for the forum, i guess we should do the banners after all and actually name ourselves Sticklove lol.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
king.neko212
Porter
Custom Rank: Why?

Post by king.neko212 »

:hi:
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

You guys are too nice he he he.

See what happens with the name when you order any type of web hosting is that the name is tied to it for however long you ordered that plan. Yahoo! sets up an account for you and ties the domain "sticklove" to that account. Once it is tied to an account, they will not change it should you have second thoughts about your domain name. In other words, if I wanted to keep Yahoo! webhosting but change the name, they won't let you -- you'd have to order another plan (pay $100 a year for another account and domain). Even though it's only a 10 minute job to change the domain lol -- it's purely a money-making scheme and to prevent people from changing their domains every other day.

So yes, I could have made this sticklove.com as well, but then what would happen to my Yahoo! account that I paid $120 just last month for? I would have to eat it because they won't let me change the domain name (I would have to cancel the plan and waste $120). They don't give refunds either even though the problem is on their end (they blame PHPBB for the problems even though we haven't seen any database crashes yet here).

Today I'll try and get the chatbox back, and also I have to update links to all the recap banners.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Geez did you even get enough sleep? :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

Oh btw, all the links in the first posts of all recaps are going to be broken unless you used the POST= BBCODE lol. This is going to be crazy but I think Marv and I can whip up some code to change all the links (I hope) so we don't have to do it manually LMAO. So from now on, in case we have to move again, please use POST= instead of URL.