AVP 2010 Aliens, Predator, and Marines

Post your requests for XNALara models here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Love2Raid

WeylandYutaniCorp
Custom Rank: *

AVP 2010 Aliens, Predator, and Marines

Post by WeylandYutaniCorp »

Can anyone help me get these models (not including Dark, Young Blood, Warrior, and Praetorian), they would be very useful with my work on Alien, Predator, and AVP fan fiction. If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it.
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Re: AVP 2010 Aliens, Predator, and Marines

Post by thePWA »

Get us the files and it might (just might... don't expect) be possible.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
WeylandYutaniCorp

Where do I find these files?
thePWA
Porter

Post by thePWA »

WeylandYutaniCorp wrote:Where do I find these files?
Well then... you'll probably have to google that (since even I don't know where the files are).
WeylandYutaniCorp

Sounds more complicated then I thought. I'm constantly misunderstanding things on this site. I just thought someone could make the models or extract them from the game like the others that are already available.

Guess I messed up again.
thePWA
Porter

Post by thePWA »

WeylandYutaniCorp wrote:Sounds more complicated then I thought. I'm constantly misunderstanding things on this site. I just thought someone could make the models or extract them from the game like the others that are already available.

Guess I messed up again.
No you didn't mess up. This is the mindset of the majority of people requesting for models, basically they think its "game is available so models can be made available in no time at all". They don't realize that...
1) Game is available but not everyone will cough up a few bucks to buy it (let alone for just the models).
2) Game files are not readily available or even have their format reversed-engineered to be of use for model extraction.
3) If game files are available for use, can they be used? Are there tools available to import them to 3d modelling software?
4) Does the game format have in-game bones and weights also available for easy conversion? Because not a lot of porters have time or even the skills to rig from zero.

You can try to do a few things before requesting stuff (this actually applies to everyone interested in requesting)...
1) Ask first if anyone has the game that you are requesting models from.
2) If no one has the game but you do, ask if anyone can help out with reverse-engineering the game files (xentax has a wealth of information, resources and talented people capable of providing the necessary game format hacking you might need).
3) Google what game engine the game runs on. A lot of game engine formats (Unreal, gamebryo, unity etc...) have mod tools readily available to help extract files.
4) Find out if scripts are available to extract models with 3d software. Google can help out with this.

And also... Don't put high expectations that you will get what you want. If you do have a request and no one is answering to do it even when you can provide everything they might need in the process please bear in mind that people who work with these 3d game models, from the reverse-engineers to the xps porters tend to work with games that they like since they do this for their personal reasons and are working on their own time. If you really want models that no one seems to care about getting, either wait it out to happen, give up totally, or actually learn the necessary skills to extract and port them on your own.
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

^ QFT! Best answer I've seen here in a while. :thumbup:
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

WeylandYutaniCorp

Huh. I just figured it was simpler than that if you knew what you were doing. I mean most of these AVP models are on Gmod, I know that, but Gmod sucks compared to XPS. I mean, I have a friend I met on DeviantArt who said he could help me convert the Gmod models to XPS, but he's really busy. I'm just worried I'm gonna have to wait a long time and it's not gonna work, cause I have GLLara (XNALara for Mac) and not all models work on that, another downside about being a Mac person. I was hoping someone else knew a way [shrugs]. I guess I'll just have to wait till my friend gets back to me. I hate wait. But, it's not like I need these particular models right now. I got a lot of projects to work on and each one takes forever if I have the time. I'm just worried when that time comes it won't work.

See I wrote a lot of Alien, Predator, and AVP fan fictions and I'm trying to adapt them into comic books. I'm still on the first story, it's taking forever, and I won't need these models until the later stories.

Again, I guess I'll just have to wait.
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

^ Why not just install Parallels or use Bootcamp to use Windows on a Mac? I have both a Mac and a Windows machine and while I like some things about OS X, I still like Windows better (don't give me that malware/virus bullcrap, because Macs have it too, though rarer). I couldn't even get GLLara to work on my 11 inch Air, there are no specific instructions on what you need from the author, and the author seems to have stopped working on it for the moment. Not only that, Macs don't have any good (free) software that allows you to control where your compressed files go. If you want all the models being currently released to work on a posing program you will really need to use XPS.

Also, when you say things can be simpler, yes they can be. But even the simplest things can be time consuming.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

WeylandYutaniCorp

One of my other friends scared me into thinking that if I try it it will probably mess up my computer. I don't think it would happen, but I feel the risk is not worth the reward.