Ems' stash of old and weird.

Create your own recaps to keep all your models in one thread!

Moderators: Runa, Dazzy

Porter
Custom Rank: stalklurker

Re: Ems' stash of old and weird.

Postby Ems » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:00 am

With 11.7 XPS update, render groups 26/27 and 28/29 got rebuilt, with additional b&w mask texture defining where the environmental map should be displayed (and this is actually great).

If you use anything I ported that bases upon those render groups (usually hair/eyeball/glass/armour gloss), as long as you load .mesh files, you're ok (thou you might get warnings, I got those shut off), but if you're forced to load mesh.ascii for some reason, XPS will auto generate missing blank masks. So, to get textures that would suffice as masks, open diffuse texture of given render group in any program that reads channels. The mask will be the alpha channel of the diffuse. Simply copy alpha and paste on a new file and save it as image, then with XPS' material editor, set it as a mask (then you can even save the diffuse as 24bit TGA to reduce its size). This prooobably should work and restore model to previous looks.

However, I just went through HDD and SSD wipe, and I have no 3D or raster graphics editors installed yet, so I can't guarantee the looks will be identical without some tinkering with the mask or the specular intensity (I have to see if the mask is grayscale or just simple black and white - and this is a difference, since grayscale would control intensity as well). I would have to test it, but have no way to do that atm, so this is just a small FYI in case you were wondering what is going on.

Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Postby Dazzy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:00 am

I had the exact same thing when working on my current set of models, all I did was add a small black image and made that the mask, it gave the same effect that I originally had in the older version.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.

Porter

Y5 - Noa Amon

Postby Ems » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:12 am

I totally forgot about this... I also know that some images from posts were lost due to account wipeage, but I'm too lazy to fix those.

Yakuza 5 - Noa Amon
download
All rights belong to SEGA. Uploaded for fanart and educational purposes. Do not claim ownership, do not use for commercial purposes under any circumstances.
Character is underage.

- Includes optional glasses, they have a bone.
- Don't use backface culling or force culling.
- Swapped arms (not palms) with some other model, because the original were noodly thin and posed awfully.
- Re-converting may ruin meshes order and cause transparency issues.
- Pictured pose included.

Porter

Y5 MP

Postby Ems » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:10 pm

DWN
All rights belong to SEGA. Uploaded for fanart and educational purposes. Do not claim ownership, do not use for commercial purposes under any circumstances.

- you caaaaan use backface culling for that left sleeve I couldn't be bothered to fix, but don't be surprised the inner skirt vanishes. Preferably don't use bfc
- hair transparency sucks, if you wanna, split some hair strands by yourself.

Note to self: use Edge Split modifier on stuff like her earrings.
Last edited by Ems on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Porter

RM - Nil (soaked)

Postby Ems » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:47 am

DWN
All rights belong to Dontnod Entertainment and CAPCOM. Uploaded for fanart and educational purposes. Do not claim ownership, do not use for commercial purposes under any circumstances.

With optional stuff. I never seen anyone releasing this version, and it was rotting in my "to do" folder. The difference from the standard are textures and soaked hair mesh.

Postby artificialfleshling » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:47 am

I'm new to all of this, but thank you so much for these.

Porter

Postby Ems » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:09 am

artificialfleshling wrote:I'm new to all of this, but thank you so much for these.

You're welcome :)

Previous

Return to User Recaps