Ems' stash of old and weird.

Create your own recaps to keep all your models in one thread!

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Ems
Porter
Custom Rank: Stashing stuff I like.

ME3: Jane Shepard/Kestrel/optional helmet

Post by Ems »

dA repost 2
ME3: Jane Shepard/Kestrel/optional helmet
DOWNLOAD

All rights reserved by BioWare and Electronics arts. Uploaded for fanart and educational purposes. Do not claim ownership, do not use for commercial purposes under any circumstances.
Texture mods used:

JeanLuc: Kestrel armour diffuses, specular maps and environmental masks.
http://www.moddb.com/games/mass-effect- ... s/jean-luc

Ellise: Eyes diffuse, face diffuse, specular and normal, N7 helmet diffuse, specular and normal textures.
http://social.bioware.com/project/8299/#details
http://social.bioware.com/project/8399/#details
http://social.bioware.com/project/8357/#details

athies612: eyelashes
http://social.bioware.com/project/8235/#details

Rest of the textures is either prepared or edited by yours truly.

Recoloring textures included. All important stuff in the readme file. If MF acts up, refresh the page. You might need to enter some captcha, remember that the model's name string should end up with ".7z".
Runa

Re: Ems' stash of old and weird.

Post by Runa »

Sun an epic, well improved Shepard model :please: :oh:
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Looks awesome! :thumbup:
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

Ems
Porter

Proportions grid or something like that.

Post by Ems »

I made this to make my own work easier, but maybe some of you will find this useful as well.

I usually go by these:

http://www.threadsmagazine.com/assets/u ... rid_xl.jpg
http://primenumbers.users.sourceforge.n ... rtions.gif

Please use and modify as you see fit.
Last edited by Ems on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ems
Porter

Post by Ems »

Same pic out of laziness.
Guild Wars 2 - various asura golems.

download
All rights reserved by ArenaNet and NC Soft. Uploaded for fanart and educational purposes. Do not claim ownership, do not use for commercial purposes under any circumstances.

Three variants of most common golem type, SRV, CLEAN and Mini Servitor.
I guess I ported that because rigging such an object is beyond easy, but considering ingame animations, I added separate bones for all the joints and crystals.
Last edited by Ems on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ems
Porter

Post by Ems »

Because cats.
Guild Wars 2 - Professor Mew

download
All rights reserved by ArenaNet and NC Soft. Uploaded for fanart and educational purposes. Do not claim ownership, do not use for commercial purposes under any circumstances.
Last edited by Ems on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ems
Porter

Post by Ems »

Crappy UV, probably too much triangles and could do with less bones, and I overwrote the clean texture, so here's oldish looking weather doll - I made it to be somehow creepy, but I lost the clean base. You want a clean one, do the texture yourself, I left uv map with the descriptions. There's also alpha channel for tattered edges (requires render group change from 24 to 25). I couldn't find any model online, so I made one from whatever game parts and default blender shapes I could find. Might share as well.
Last edited by Ems on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ems
Porter

Yakuza 5

Post by Ems »

Yakuza 5 - Riku (hostess at Fukuoka)
download

All rights belong to SEGA. Uploaded for fanart and educational purposes. Do not claim ownership, do not use for commercial purposes under any circumstances.
Ok, few words on this one. It's my Y5 test, Gale I hope you weren't planning to port this one XD

1. Hair. These models have crapload of hairstrands AND hair duplicates. I usually port so you don't have to use BFC of any kind, so these got removed. If I ever mentioned I have CT problems or elbow problems, I never lied - I'm sure as hell I won't sort and name these meshes to avoid transparency issues without ruining my hands, so I just separated the most top strands, and since her hair is quite simple, it did the job.

2. For some reason devs "gifted" women models with additional neck mesh that's supposed to cover up neck/body seam, instead of just doing proper textures, but this doesn't do in XPS quite well. It's gonna clip, just watch for camera angles.

3. I took some liberty in parenting arm bones. I actually swapped names for shoulder 2 and shoulder roll bones, so that posing arms has some little more freedom without deforming elbows or shoulders at joints. These arm "roll" bones are meant to be used on "roll X" axis. Similar thing can be done for knees and thighs, but not this time. I decided to try this out after seeing some W3 models, which worked the same way and I think it's really convenient. Especially that Yakuza stuff is perfectly T-posed.

4. Yes, normal maps for jewels were meant to be inverted. Another thing I saw, this time in Guild Wars 2 and how they texture gems on clothes.

5. Re-converting will ruin meshes order and cause transparency issues. There's a backup inside the folder.

6. I didn't put reflection map on her iris, as it is in the game. Feel free to play with material editor and add one if you find any that will actually work nicely.

7. Her lips are weird and I'm afraid to pose them.
Last edited by Ems on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

cute model hehehe. you are too young to have carpal tunnel... that must have been one hell of a job!
Ems
Porter

Post by Ems »

semory wrote:cute model hehehe. you are too young to have carpal tunnel... that must have been one hell of a job!
Mu neurologist says nobody's too young for it nowadays.

In fact, it's so bad with work here that I went to my old place again since two spots opened up, and company's major contract with courts ended, so there would be much less damaging work (it was a post office and I was mostly sitting on sorting and with a handheld scanner but also did many other things around).
But what I saw upon getting back there... During my five months absence all mobile couriers went on strike (all took sick leave) since their earnings weren't adequate to the pay (they're using their own cars, exploitation costs went up due to certain reasons, and they were asked to sign new contracts with a backwards date, on conditions they didn't agree on), papers and parcels everywhere, two out of four office workers (we're called "operational staff" or "OP") on sick leave, angry customers and higher ups blaming all the OPs for delays.
I asked for few days to make a decision and see if there's something salvageable, stayed to help the girls that left, but yesterday they ((deputy manager (who is there since few days) and some other guy that has nothing to do with our branch)) tried to fire our best, most experienced OP without a good reason (("by the decision of the direct manager and department restructuring" who is on sick leave too (she's expecting in few months, went on leave in March), and basically should not take any action concerning the office during that time)).
So in short, I ran away along with her and last two guys. Long version is too complicated to explain, but she's too smart to get fired like that, it's gonna be interesting to see how will the things go. Next Monday there will be no workers left to even open the door.