Virtua Fighter Series

Recaps for models from games!

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Jetsetradioremix
Custom Rank: Amateur

Re: Virtua Fighter Series

Post by Jetsetradioremix »

So is this forum dead or alive? I'm sorry but I just wanted to know if anyone is still doing this. (┬┤´¢Ñ_´¢Ñ`)
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

Jetsetradioremix wrote:So is this forum dead or alive? I'm sorry but I just wanted to know if anyone is still doing this. (┬┤´¢Ñ_´¢Ñ`)
Forum's pretty alive and yes we still are doing xps. Not sure where you got the idea that the forum is dead.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
Jetsetradioremix

Whoops! I accidently meant topic.(^_^;)
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

I'm just gonna leave this here:

http://www.xnalara.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 410#p72990

We all have lives too, y'know! ;)
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

Jetsetradioremix

I know, sometimes it seems I take forever when I port my models. I just feel like porting or helping out with new models. I don't want to rush anyone but just help bring home the bacon if they are too busy. Guess that's why I ported models in the first place.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

If I recall, wasn't the extractor for this game fubar? Weights were bad or something right?
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

They arent completely bad, but they arent perfect either and require work to make them look better lol.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

yeah, chrrox told me today he's too lazy to fix it hahahaha. i think rexil sent me a bunch of files way back when but i was lazy too.
cobaltbluebengal

Post by cobaltbluebengal »

Would love to get my hands on a VF version of Jacky.

I know there's a DoA version, but it's a generic body with his head. The VF model is much better proportioned IMO. I don't mind if it isn't rigged, would be a cool project to learn :D
cobaltbluebengal

Post by cobaltbluebengal »

Spent today reading all the posts over on the XeNTax boards RE Virtua Fighter as I'm determined to learn how to port, bone and stuff.

I did manage to import a naked mesh of Jacky into 3DS Max. None of the bones moved their selected parts, and the model was broken down into texture parts (Hands, Head, Wrist, Forearm, Calf, etc, etc, etc) anyhow. It's a starting point. All I have to do is figure out why the texture of a normal eyeball gives the model a blood shot effect (My thinking is that in the custom screen you could change the color) and find out what files are his hair as again there are multiple hair does. Unfortunately not all the textures transferred so His face, pecs and arms are fine, but his legs, shoulders abdomen and the bottoms of his feet didn't and as such are files of what I can only describe as white noise.

I'll have to learn bones and stuff once I have the file complete but I'm hopeful it'll be ready to release :D