Steven's Gas Machine

Release and comment on game extractors and other tools here.

Moderators: Dazzy, semory

rballad
Custom Rank: Om Donal

Re: Steven's Gas Machine

Post by rballad »

does azure pc really have better polygon and textures?
phay007

Post by phay007 »

can i extract the models from the ps3 game onechanbara z by using Steven's Gas Machine ?I see the 2 files about ps3 onechanbara z in the source folder~ :shock:
phay007

Post by phay007 »

semory wrote:No, as it is incomplete. I never got around to finishing Z Kagura. The source code contains a lot of other unfinished projects as well. But yes, at one point I was working on it.
woooooow! The plan is so big~ :o the work is so hard :hug2: :shock:
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

No, as it is incomplete. I never got around to finishing Z Kagura. The source code contains a lot of other unfinished projects as well. But yes, at one point I was working on it.
Kurokairaku
Custom Rank: Graphics and 3D Expert

Post by Kurokairaku »

Speaking of Azure PC and Atelier PC, ive been working my butt off to do some cleaning up and extraction of those models. Tales of berseria is also something im extracting, but thats another thing. Currnelty working on cleaning up Arnise's model and rig.

http://kurokairaku.deviantart.com/
check it out if your interested.

Along with some Tales of Berseria T-pose rips. Ive been using the PS3 as a base to get the rigging out of, and using the PC's texture files. I never really checked if the models improved at all. The problem with Atelier and Azure is that, their models come so heavy segmented, I'm worried that my cleaning up will make the PC version have less poly's, but lets see.

I have Arnise, from PC just as her self, nothing more. So lets see if the PC models are any better.

Her PC model has

24k poly's and 14k verts
(all cleaned up and organized and such)

Her PS3 Model has

25k poly's and 26verts
(this is what I mean by cleaning up)

The model is heavily segmented, so after fixing everything, I surmise that its kmostly the same so I can cotninue using my plan of PS3 Rig rip, PC textures.

Atelier Firis though will be a lot more difficult. If possible, I really need to have an extractor soon so I can complete a nice collection XD Would be nice if anyone is willing to work with me on that :P .
Would be nice to be able to provide clean, organized rigs first! ^_^. PC version of Atelier was close, as I got help with figuring out Elixir.gz files, but then Elixir files was in the way with different encyption, and I plan don't know a single solitary THING about that sadly. So I do hope to see something soon. I got ToB, Atlier Sophie, and Nights of Azure all on my table already. So I ain't entirely in a rush.

Though now that I think about it, if I had an extractor, it would be suuuper easy getting all the weapon textures that normally come with the models... ah fuck it I'll continue on my regular path.
riccochet
Porter
Custom Rank: Low Poly Porter

Post by riccochet »

Ok, so I've never used the Gas machine before, so if anyone can give me some incite it would be appreciated. I trying to port some of the Berserk models.
I'm using blender 2.49b, I got the mesh and skeleton imported from the smc files. Is there an extra step I need to follow to attach the skeleton to the mesh, coz when I go to pose mode, only the skeleton moves and the mesh stays static.
Last edited by riccochet on Mon May 22, 2017 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

select Vertex Groups from armature panel
Kurokairaku

Post by Kurokairaku »

:x
semory wrote:select Vertex Groups from armature panel

I managed to figure out how to use the extractors from your toolset to extract PC models from Atelier Sophie and Firis including Azure. I had a person helping me. However I feel that I do not know enough about the file types.
I just encountered a very specific problem that stems to the Atelier Firis stuff. However I have a feeling that its either the g1m or the smc scripts that is not working problperly.

I don't know how specific this problem is, or if anything if it is a problem, but for some strange reason there are several segments of a model that is positioned strangly in a scene, and also have no vertex morphs/skin data, and if they do, it does belong to bones that actually exist in the scenes.

I also found a trend to what gets broken. It always seemed to be something that would dangle or move, mayhaps by external forces like wind. If i imported an SMC of a girl, her long hair would be placed somewhere at a strange rotated angle in the center of the scene.

If it was a skirt, the ends of the skirt would be broken. Hanging hair for instance too. Even a lantern, which generally would wave in the wind.

The bones don't even seem to exist for the objects as well. Which feels weird, because even if they are phyisic objects, shouldnt they still have bones and a rig?

Is this a known issue?

models that break also tend to have a NUNO entry or NUNV

Edit:

The NUNO.obj stuff seems supriciosusly like a list of co-oridinates and all that. Mayhaps this is what I am missing? But I have no idea how to incorperate it. I really wish I knew more about g1m files and smc.... Though its not like atelier is a high demand game so I do hope you will concider helping me anyways.

Mayhaps this is caused by the fact i had to edit how the elixir.gz files where extracted, and how the elixir files where extracted. I am noticing some issues with the UVMAPS as well. They dont seem like something the developers put in.... Basically, its as if the boarders of the UV's edges on the poly got duplicated, then welded to their partner, so now we have trhese lines streatching across the UV's. It was kinda strange.

Edit 2:

Don't tell me physicis objects are broken. THe data for the bones and weights seem to be there. Surely you could edit the script to include it? Or is there a reason physics objects dont get included? I saw a post saying that dynasty warriors hair and cloth stuff dont work. But Surely there are bones and such that exists. After all, to even react to environmental forces, you still need a rig to dictate how much the verticies get effected by the rig. Please let me know any details, if you are going to fix it any time this millennium. I dont want to waste to much time asking around for people to complete the rig for me...

Still, its because of this tool that I am able to get this far. If I sound pushy or needy or something, I apologize. I am greatful for this tool and for the work you (and others if there is others) put into it. I just wish I understood the tool and coding, so I wouldn't have to put pressure on you.
Last edited by Kurokairaku on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
riccochet
Porter
Custom Rank: Low Poly Porter

Post by riccochet »

I'm gonna sound like and ultra noob now... since I'm still not that well versed in blender. Do I have to have everything selected when selecting vertex groups, or just the skeleton?
Also, should I align the skeleton before selecting the vertex groups?
Kurokairaku

Post by Kurokairaku »

riccochet wrote:
I'm gonna sound like and ultra noob now... since I'm still not that well versed in blender. Do I have to have everything selected when selecting vertex groups, or just the skeleton?
Also, should I align the skeleton before selecting the vertex groups?
There is actually a python script that that upgrades the SMC import for allowing all in directly smc to get imported at the same time. I recommend finding that, mayhaps searching this thread for "smc" would help. Just jump to the messages when you can.

For actual use, once you have everything imported, and aligned. Select everything in the scene, models and skeleton. Upon doing that, you then want to Shift select the skeleton. You will know if you did this correctly if once you press CNTL + P in the 3D window. it will ask you if you want to parent it to the armature. When you do, you then will get a few windows asking how to pare it. Chose "Do not create group" (top option i think) for each window. I just spam click till its gone.

Boom you got it.