Steven's Gas Machine

Release and comment on game extractors and other tools here.

Moderators: Dazzy, semory

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Re: Steven's Gas Machine

Post by Dazzy »

Pretty sure Steve is busy so that's why there hasn't been much activity.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Kurokairaku
Custom Rank: Graphics and 3D Expert

Post by Kurokairaku »

Im sure a brilliant man of his calibre has more important things to do than to reverse engineer a companie's file encryption methods to keep their games proprietary. (Past experience dictates should let peeps know that was not sarcasm. I respect Stevie and think hes skill full at what he does). Warrior games tend to be quite popular at least so I can expect to see some sort of tool in the near future if Stevie cannot for the time being (which is completely acceptable).

The tool already lets me extract from some lesser known games as I build up a model resource of my own on my drive, I Havn't even gotten all the chars out of one yet.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

If you can, take a (fullscreen) screenshot of the LINKDATA.IDX file loaded in a hex editor such as HxD and let me know what other files are present (BIN files? .A, .B, .C, etc.). Or if you know where I can get the game through less scrupulous means lmao, send me some links. I can't even play the game anyways as my current PC setup is total shit. I'm still on a Intel Core 2 Duo from like 2004 or 2006.

If you have the DLC, package that shit up and send it to me.
riccochet
Porter
Custom Rank: Low Poly Porter

Post by riccochet »

Core 2? Goddamn.. thats ancient AF!
I'll see about getting you dem DLC files and what not.

I loaded the idx in HxD, its alooooot of lines, I dont think I can get a fullscreen shot that captures everything. Im attaching a pic of all the files present, theres no A, B, C files this time, just one big LINKDATA.BIN file. Also attaching the LINKDATA.IDX file since its quite small in size.
The DLC files are also BIN files
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

That's all I need ricco, thanks. I'll let you guys know later today if it's possible.
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

Where does SGM fail on it? Does it toss an error? Because it seems the IDX/BIN format is same as other games that use IDX/BIN. If it fails on an individual IDXOUT or IDXZRC file, send me that file.
riccochet
Porter
Custom Rank: Low Poly Porter

Post by riccochet »

Errrmm derpy question, but you wouldnt happen to know what other game uses just IDX/BIN format so I can no which one to select. I'll try the common ones in the meantime

EDIT: So some idxzrc files have begun extracting using the Arslan Senki game setting. Will post updates if anything else happens
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

awesome. just run the program from the command line so any error messages don't disappear. if it fails on any file(s), just send the file(s) to me.
Kurokairaku
Custom Rank: Graphics and 3D Expert

Post by Kurokairaku »

semory wrote:awesome. just run the program from the command line so any error messages don't disappear. if it fails on any file(s), just send the file(s) to me.
well.. actually. I ran the extraction already myself using the same thing. Im about to run it again this time with command on so I can see the loggy log,Since it seems ricochet hast said anything yet? Edit: The command loggy doesn't spit out ANY error messages, and that's after watching it for about an hour now.

I'll update this submission with images, for now here are the contents in its glory, and often fails exporting many many files, with very small files being converted, like I spotted the model files for an apple a cheese, and a chair.

as you can see there's tons of .unknowns, often also found inside the numbered folders.

actually some of the unknowns outside the number files appear to be the .idxzrc files, yet the program doesn't throw a "error" message. Its only evident by the files outside of the number folders. Sometimes they are just plain ol .g1t's without much else, .info's or theres actually files relating to it, which does legitimately contain textures but are garbled to all hell. Well to be honest with everything all over the place its hard to locate everything, and without a file structre that I am used to, I don't even know what is suppost to be characters or not, so its kinda hard to manage.

Choosing one of these at random... its often filled with a whole bunch of .g1t files, often in small bite size peices, ranging from 22kb in size, or more or less.
Sometimes containing .g1m .cbxd .svok, .g1co, etc etc. So obviously its not extracting properly at all, with like only 5% of them working, but often only being small files.

if riccochet hasn't sent you anything, and according to my screenshots and files, is there anything you want me to pack up for you and send?
Last edited by Kurokairaku on Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Warriors games don't have a sorted file structure, it's always random numbers.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.