Steven's Gas Machine

Release and comment on game extractors and other tools here.

Moderators: Dazzy, semory

Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 7676
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:38 pm
Location: Torrance, CA
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: Steven's Gas Machine

Postby semory » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:16 pm

I'm good thanks ssringo. I was able to salvage the games but not my anime and not my **** stash either lmao. Good riddance though hahahaha. But yeah, it's the development and having to run the tool many times, but in the end I think it's just my bad luck with Western Digital drives. I'll try to get Toukiden 2 soon.

User avatar
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:29 am
Custom Rank: Graphics and 3D Expert

Re: Steven's Gas Machine

Postby Kurokairaku » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:21 pm

ssringo wrote:Stuff and things



I saw semory mentioned something about Sophie to you. If your curious about getting to extracting its contents. I actually long figured it out (with the help of others of course).

I could provide the edited .exe for you and you can get straight to extracting sophie stuff. To be honest That's what I've been doing these past few weeks myself. I am currently in the proccess of merging Sophie's Firis face rig with her Atelier Sophie body model. They have slightly different shapes so its kinda difficult to manage. Subsequently, the same thing works with Nights of Azure for PC as well.

User avatar
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:35 am
Custom Rank: Om Donal

Re: Steven's Gas Machine

Postby rballad » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:16 pm

Kurokairaku wrote:
ssringo wrote:Stuff and things



I saw semory mentioned something about Sophie to you. If your curious about getting to extracting its contents. I actually long figured it out (with the help of others of course).

I could provide the edited .exe for you and you can get straight to extracting sophie stuff. To be honest That's what I've been doing these past few weeks myself. I am currently in the proccess of merging Sophie's Firis face rig with her Atelier Sophie body model. They have slightly different shapes so its kinda difficult to manage. Subsequently, the same thing works with Nights of Azure for PC as well.

Can you provide me with the modified exe as well ? I am ripping night of azure and atelier series

User avatar
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:52 pm
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: Steven's Gas Machine

Postby ssringo » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:21 am

Kurokairaku wrote:
ssringo wrote:Stuff and things



I saw semory mentioned something about Sophie to you. If your curious about getting to extracting its contents. I actually long figured it out (with the help of others of course).

I could provide the edited .exe for you and you can get straight to extracting sophie stuff. To be honest That's what I've been doing these past few weeks myself. I am currently in the proccess of merging Sophie's Firis face rig with her Atelier Sophie body model. They have slightly different shapes so its kinda difficult to manage. Subsequently, the same thing works with Nights of Azure for PC as well.

That'd be awesome. I'd like to mess around with those games. :high:

User avatar
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:29 am
Custom Rank: Graphics and 3D Expert

Re: Steven's Gas Machine

Postby Kurokairaku » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:13 pm

rballad wrote:Can you provide me with the modified exe as well ? I am ripping night of azure and atelier series

Try not to steal my thunder. Persona 5 ended up taking aloot of my time as of late so I have got 0 work done, but I too am ripping them out as well, along with Tales of Berseria, whilist working with a guy who will also rig the models with a custom rig.

Check out my profile here. Its my Deviantart. If you know of a better place to post these rips let me know.

Actually I wanted to know if you are aware of some of the problems present when ripping Atelier Sophie and Azure. The models end up being heavy segmented, its strange. Parts of legs, pants, and coat would be all one element, and it would be like that all the way through, its a mess. I am so slow with my releases because I have to stitch it all up in corherient chunks like having the coat itself all 1 element, rather than 6-7 chunks. Anyways I shall give you the exited Xentax.exe just check the next qoute for the link
ssringo wrote:That'd be awesome. I'd like to mess around with those games. :high:



Here you go. Like i said before persona 5 been taking up my time so sorry I was late on this. I have lost the source of it, i probably deleted it :(. If i remember correctly I just had to a line of code that biteswaps the PC elxir file then detects little edian files or big edian. I forget to be honest.

I edited the Atlier Escha and Logy, i believe, if not that, then its the next one over. Here it is.

User avatar
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:35 am
Custom Rank: Om Donal

Re: Steven's Gas Machine

Postby rballad » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:35 pm

@kurokairaku. Which game tool did use? I used atelier escha and logy option to extract azure night. Please note that i have only extracted pc004 model. The meshes are fine, but unfortunately they dont have uv map. After comparing g1m, obj and smc i can say that the pc and ps3 models have the same size. The pc textures however are much bigger.

User avatar
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:39 am

Re: Steven's Gas Machine

Postby ZeusSims » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:46 am

Hello everyone!
I am completely new in this.
I want to extract from Resident Evil 7 the meshes and textures of the objects that appear in the image:

Image
( the table, the table lamp, the flowers, etc)

This are my questions:
- What tutorials should I follow?
- What tools do I need to use?

I hope someone is so kind to guide me with this.
Thanks in advance. :)

User avatar
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:29 am
Custom Rank: Graphics and 3D Expert

Re: Steven's Gas Machine

Postby Kurokairaku » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:10 pm

rballad wrote:@kurokairaku. Which game tool did use? I used atelier escha and logy option to extract azure night. Please note that i have only extracted pc004 model. The meshes are fine, but unfortunately they dont have uv map. After comparing g1m, obj and smc i can say that the pc and ps3 models have the same size. The pc textures however are much bigger.


Ooh right! I completely forgot to mention that textures wont extract. They are changed about as well, but I found another program called "Hyoutatools" that did the job. But you are right, models stays the same but the textures are at least doubled in size. I made the unfortunate mistake of deleting it so i am going to need to figure out how to re-compile it from the source code. You can google it and find it easily. Till then though. Give me a moment.

User avatar
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:35 am
Custom Rank: Om Donal

Re: Steven's Gas Machine

Postby rballad » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:19 pm

Kurokairaku wrote:
rballad wrote:@kurokairaku. Which game tool did use? I used atelier escha and logy option to extract azure night. Please note that i have only extracted pc004 model. The meshes are fine, but unfortunately they dont have uv map. After comparing g1m, obj and smc i can say that the pc and ps3 models have the same size. The pc textures however are much bigger.


Ooh right! I completely forgot to mention that textures wont extract. They are changed about as well, but I found another program called "Hyoutatools" that did the job. But you are right, models stays the same but the textures are at least doubled in size. I made the unfortunate mistake of deleting it so i am going to need to figure out how to re-compile it from the source code. You can google it and find it easily. Till then though. Give me a moment.


Actually I managed to extract the textures, by using pc berserk musou g1m extractor.
About storage options I think it comes down to two options. Google drive is very fast and ,corret me if iam wrong, download resumeable.but I think you can only download one file at a time.
The microsoft one gives the option to download multiple files at the same time. downside is the tract record of deleting some porters' files.

User avatar
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:52 pm
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: Steven's Gas Machine

Postby ssringo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:55 pm

I know you have a lot on your plate semory so this isn't a request but figured I'd mention that Dragon Quest Heroes II came out a couple days ago (you've mentioned you don't notice all the releases).

I ran the extractor with the DQH option. Extraction somewhat worked. Kicked out meshes and g1t into folders but didn't extract textures (ran a couple other options such as Berserk but textures didn't extract correctly). Most models also didn't seem to have corresponding skeleton .smc file for the mesh .smc files. Some models were completely together while others had that old issue of cloth/hair being separated and needing to be moved into the correct position.

Hope you got your computer back up and working mate. Cheers.

EDIT:

Not making a new post since nobody else replied yet. It's not that DQH2 simply doesn't work with the current tool, it's that the current tool doesn't even extract DQH textures correctly. The textures it kicks out are black/white and a bit fuzzy. Going back to the tool you posted when DQH was first supported works fine with DQH (obviously). That same tool almost works fine with DQH2 as well. It errors out (or just stops, can't tell as the cmd prompt closes automatically) before finishing everything. However, after extraction you can run it again only telling it to process g1m and g1t files and it will work with most of the character models and their textures. Still have to move some mesh parts into place using the information on the .txt files in that model's folder.

As for the skeletons, they also extracted but I had to find them manually as the main model meshes would be in one folder (or more in the case of hair, etc) but the skeleton and textures would sometimes be in another folder. With proper textures it's easy to match up textures, and skeletons, to the character meshes. That seems to be what happened with DQH as well but I apparently forgot about that :XD: Obviously the tool isn't 100% working but folks can get working character models out of it.

PreviousNext

Return to Releases

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests