Steven's Gas Machine

Release and comment on game extractors and other tools here.

Moderators: Dazzy, semory

riccochet
Porter
Custom Rank: Low Poly Porter

Re: Steven's Gas Machine

Post by riccochet »

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

yes, cloth has neither weights nor bones. also, as one user pointed out, there is a special case where model attachments don't have bones when they are supposed to (this is because the bones are in the attachment model file and not in the 000_skel file where all bones normally are, even for attachments). i haven't had time to fix it yet but it's on the todo list of things to fix. the bug is in the skeleton code which needs to be fixed. for example, the girly looking dude with white hair from Bersker Musou... his long sideburns are an attachment whose bones are actually in a different file from the main skeleton; this is rare, but when it is there, it is messed up.
Kurokairaku
Custom Rank: Graphics and 3D Expert

Post by Kurokairaku »

semory wrote:yes, cloth has neither weights nor bones. also, as one user pointed out, there is a special case where model attachments don't have bones when they are supposed to (this is because the bones are in the attachment model file and not in the 000_skel file where all bones normally are, even for attachments). i haven't had time to fix it yet but it's on the todo list of things to fix. the bug is in the skeleton code which needs to be fixed. for example, the girly looking dude with white hair from Bersker Musou... his long sideburns are an attachment whose bones are actually in a different file from the main skeleton; this is rare, but when it is there, it is messed up.
That has to be it then. Thanks for clearing things up. I hope that because Beserk is more popular game, that you have it higher on your ToDo list. It would be nice to see a fix come out soon, when I am still young I know the bones exist, so I am looking forward to it. This is just a note, but mishaps you can try incorporating a file that occasionally comes out. Not all has it mind you but there was a .bin file, when I looked in a hex editor, contained BONE NAMES. this could be really helpful if you can incorporate the SMC script to use the bone names from the file. This is once again more specific to only the newest of the atelier games. (since that is what im extensivly working on)

Also if you happen to have a beta of the physicis... skeleton code fix, let me know. I'll be more than happy to rigorously test it for you. ;).
Kurokairaku

Post by Kurokairaku »

Damn, the model im working seems to be missing so many bones. I have a feeling theres more to to it atleast. I could very well be wrong though. However theres to little bones for what im working on to be just that. Ill need more extensive knowledge on skinning in order to fix the ripped out rigs. Damn >.< looks like I am going to be anxiously awaiitng a fix for the whole thing. I look forward to it.
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Physics meshes will never have bones, because they are just that, physics. Some games use bones for physic meshes, in this case, Omega Force's engine uses no bones, so you will be waiting an infinite amount of time if you want bones for that.
In regards to bone names they really aren't needed, the models are easily usable without bone names, and I'm sure semory has seen this data before but maybe it's not easy to implement.

And, no offense, but the way you word some of this is like you are rushing him into working on it.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

what game and what model is this that is missing a lot of bones?
Kurokairaku

Post by Kurokairaku »

No need to worry about it to much. Since I am relatively confused and unsure what most of the stuff mean, I probably misunderstood so much detail. AS someone else pointed out, these new physics meshes are a bit unknown to me, and I always figured they had to have some sort of data that tells how the vertices to move, but if its not based in rigs, then I guess that is that.

It could very well be boneless, and thus unusable outside of the specific game. In which case what do you do then? I checked it out in game, and quite honestly, it really does seem like a legit physics mesh, simulated cloth style. What I percieve as "missing" might never have existed in the first place. I was used to other games, where I used to make mods for characters from a fighting game that had capes. The capes used the ingame's physics to do all the stuff, and it happened to be rigged to a boneset. It just so happens this game does not, so I gotta fix it myself. I have been to.. with varying degrees of success. Since I cracked the code with the help of others on how to extract these things to begin with, I am pretty set in all honestly. I just gotta work through it. It was all thanks to your tool though, that gave me this head start.

And while its true a skeleton doesn't needs its bones properly named, it still would help, so I don't have to guess what various bones in the same space controls what part of the body. For instance several things around the shoulder, one to control the arm, the other to control the deformation of the shoulder, and maybe another to control the cloth around the shoulder... you know, that kind of naming. It helps distinguish between jnt_442 and jnt_455 and jnt_444. It really helps, but yeah, its not necessarily needed. I am sure the data was found, and just hasnt been figured out how to be implemented. Im completely ignorant to the process though, so I know nothing about it, hense why I thought at the very least to bring it up.
rballad
Custom Rank: Om Donal

Post by rballad »

@semory, I figured out why warrior orochi 3 ultimare tool didn't work, it was missing merge linkdata.bin option. I used warrior orochi 3 tool first to merge linkdata.bin and then used warrior orrochi 3 ultimate tool to extract the resulting data.bin profit. Strangely the merged file is 6, 8 giga while the original files are 8, 7 giga, but the models all look fine.
rballad
Custom Rank: Om Donal

Post by rballad »

It's possible to keep g1t files after they are processed? So that if the textures are messed up, we don't have to do the extraction process from zero again.
Saskeni
Porter
Custom Rank: Hachikuji molester

Post by Saskeni »

well, i have a problem with Samurai warriors 4-II i have succefully ripped the models, and i can load them in blender thanks to the smc script

but when i load the model and the armature smc wich are separate smc, the model doesn't move with armature

EDIT:
Well problem solved, thanks to raidergale, and also semory, i didn't saw he answered in page 53

so i guess the model bones still need some reparenting