Steven's Gas Machine

Release and comment on game extractors and other tools here.

Moderators: Dazzy, semory

JosouKit
Custom Rank: Game assets extractor

Re: Steven's Gas Machine

Post by JosouKit »

Hi does the Pirate Warriors 3 PC option works with te DLC Bin files?
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

If I recall correctly there should be an option for it... when you start the extraction process the first thing it should ask you is:

Unpack archive files?
Say 'No' if you have already done this before.

The DLC bins for OPW3 are the same format as the main bin file(s).

However, let me recommend you use the Noesis importer and other extraction tools:
https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21666

My code is now a dinosaur and should be extinct/not be used.
Kyx
Custom Rank: The Corrupt

Post by Kyx »

semory wrote:If I recall correctly there should be an option for it... when you start the extraction process the first thing it should ask you is:

Unpack archive files?
Say 'No' if you have already done this before.

The DLC bins for OPW3 are the same format as the main bin file(s).

However, let me recommend you use the Noesis importer and other extraction tools:
https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21666

My code is now a dinosaur and should be extinct/not be used.
Well, you say that..but for me, I tried using Cethleann. Developer refuses to make a tutorial on how to actually use it so it took me awhile to even figure out that I should drop the LINKDATA.bin (Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends) file on the unpacker and while it did extract three of them super fast, it didn't do anything for what appears to be the main one with the character models I want. Even for the files that were extracted, they were in .text and .gz formats, which again, no idea what to do there. Nothing else worked, command prompt just closes immediately if I just directly launch the .exe so I can't put in the commands they're talking about...*shrug*...going back to your program where it's super simple to use and includes instructions. It may take hours to complete but at least by the time it finishes it's in file formats that are usable by Noesis, the only issue on the first go round was that I guess the texture files were deleted? "g1t" ? so the g1m/g1t importer couldn't export properly and the UV map was all messed up when I imported it into Blender.

Oh, and thank you for the program by the way.
aliz007

Post by aliz007 »

how can edit samurai warriors spirit of sanada pc version and samurai warriors 3 wii
please help thank
Grendor
Custom Rank: Wizard

Post by Grendor »

I was told there exists a version of this program that works with Dragon Quest Builders 1 and 2. However downloading the supposed latest version from the first post, there doesn't seem to be an option in the dropdown for either game. I was told it was for the PC version of at least the first Dragon Quest Builders...
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

The newer tools from the newer people on xentax don't work on this game? If not then you have to select a DW game from the dropdown that uses the same container format as your game. I don't update the program anymore so I can't tell you off-hand which game to select without knowing what the container format your game uses.
Grendor

Post by Grendor »

Dragon Quest Builders uses LINKDATA.IDX and LINKDATA.BIN. Also Dragon Quest Builders 2 has an additional set of LINKDATA_PATCH pairs
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

arslan used IDX and both dw8 games, might try those.
Grendor

Post by Grendor »

Well the one for Arslan kind of worked, but it just dumps everything into one big folder full of incrementally-numbered folders, rather than the folders that were shown in the list I saw for Dragon Quest Builders 2...I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong on either end. Does it just always do that?
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

ya, my tool is over 3 years old since last updated lol, i never bothered with filenames as they aren't really necessary (for me at least).