Noesis to XNALara/XPS importer/exporter plugin

Release and comment on game extractors and other tools here.

Moderators: Dazzy, semory

Purple_Prickly_Pear
Custom Rank: Lord of Purple Cacti

Re: Noesis to XNALara/XPS importer/exporter plugin

Post by Purple_Prickly_Pear »

Thanks Sophie, I've messed with the ascii data before, but never thought to simply do that. I always figured if you just changed the render group, and didn't remove all the data concerning the extra texture files, it would corrupt the model file, but it actually doesn't. Thanks for this quick fix, its a big help!
tr1ck5ter

Post by tr1ck5ter »

bloody excellent been looking for this for ages something simple works like a charm thx again
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

This is a really great plugin, but the UV offset from the grid is bad in Blender (UV is offset upper left of the UV grid) especially when you want to work on light maps or just modify your textures. But there's a solution:

1) Assign the texture to your mesh.
2) Determine the resolution of your texture. If your texture is 1024 x 1024, you need to multiply each by 16 (16384). That is your offset to re-position the UVs to the grid in Blender. Make sure you assign the textures first or this will not work.
3) When in edit mode, go to your UV screen, press A to select all UVs, press G (grab), then X (for the axis), then type 16384 and enter. Press G again, then Y (for the axis), then negative 16384 (since you want your texture to go down). This should reposition your UV's on your texture where the grid is. :)

Note: If your texture resolution is not the same, say it's 2048 x 1024, then you have to multiply both by 16 and use those number to set your UVs to your grid.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

XNAaraL
XPS Author

Status "confirmed" and "fixed"

Post by XNAaraL »

iheartibuki wrote:This is a really great plugin, but the UV offset from the grid is bad in Blender (UV is offset upper left of the UV grid) especially when you want to work on light maps or just modify your textures. But there's a solution:
you need to multiply each by 16
Thank you for the good bug report.

The BUG is fixed now. Compared to the previous version, a value of 16 is added to the UV offset. First page updated with version 0.9.5

I apologise for the trouble caused.
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

No worries! Thanks for the fix! :hug2:

EDIT: For downloaders, the file on the updated link still says 0.9.4 but the offset issue is actually fixed. Just tested it. ;)
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

possum_doublecrossum

Post by possum_doublecrossum »

So I'm pretty inexperienced with this, but I've recently been converting/exporting .fbx models to .mesh with noesis and I've run into a weird problem. Most models export fine, but some come out... invisible, I guess? They preview fine in noesis, but after exporting, loading them in XPS gives me a bone list, but no visible or usable model. I have no idea why this is. The textures are in the right folder and assigned correctly in the .mesh file, and I've tried with three different versions of noesis just to see if it's a bug related to that, but there's been no change. Anyone have any idea why this happens and how to fix it?
Anx

Post by Anx »

possum_doublecrossum wrote:So I'm pretty inexperienced with this, but I've recently been converting/exporting .fbx models to .mesh with noesis and I've run into a weird problem. Most models export fine, but some come out... invisible, I guess? They preview fine in noesis, but after exporting, loading them in XPS gives me a bone list, but no visible or usable model. I have no idea why this is. The textures are in the right folder and assigned correctly in the .mesh file, and I've tried with three different versions of noesis just to see if it's a bug related to that, but there's been no change. Anyone have any idea why this happens and how to fix it?
I have contacted XNAaraL (author of this script) to resolve this issue. The response time is usually 2 weeks.

To crack the problem, please provide us with a Generic_Item.mesh.ascii file, from a model that appears invisible. Textures are not needed. The .mesh.ascii is sufficient.
d19xx
Custom Rank: Lurker

Post by d19xx »

Off topic. I recently had trouble with XPS not displaying any mesh when I use the "Load Generic_Item" option. However using "Add Model(s)..." works just fine.

I also noticed using "Load Generic_Item" moves the 3d window's position for some reason.
possum_doublecrossum

Post by possum_doublecrossum »

Anx wrote:
possum_doublecrossum wrote:So I'm pretty inexperienced with this, but I've recently been converting/exporting .fbx models to .mesh with noesis and I've run into a weird problem. Most models export fine, but some come out... invisible, I guess? They preview fine in noesis, but after exporting, loading them in XPS gives me a bone list, but no visible or usable model. I have no idea why this is. The textures are in the right folder and assigned correctly in the .mesh file, and I've tried with three different versions of noesis just to see if it's a bug related to that, but there's been no change. Anyone have any idea why this happens and how to fix it?
I have contacted XNAaraL (author of this script) to resolve this issue. The response time is usually 2 weeks.

To crack the problem, please provide us with a Generic_Item.mesh.ascii file, from a model that appears invisible. Textures are not needed. The .mesh.ascii is sufficient.
Here's one of them:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/gyyc16

Textures are included anyway, as well as the original .fbx file, just because.
Thanks.
Anx

Post by Anx »

possum_doublecrossum wrote:
Anx wrote:

Here's one of them:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/gyyc16

Textures are included anyway, as well as the original .fbx file, just because.
Thanks.
I have make some test with this files. Perhaps it will help XNAaraL to crack the problem.
At first, I have converted the FBX with noesis as .mesh.ascii; using "File->Export" and "File->Export from Preview". The result files are identical to the uploaded .mesh.ascii file.

My findings:

1) Loading the .mesh,ascii in XPS. no matter if using "Drag&Drop" or "Modify->Load"
- No waning
- Bone list is almost plenary in "Control Window". Missing is the "root ground" bone! Later more.
- Render Group Number, textures and vertex colors are fine.
- Mesh is invisible.
- All bone positions are on the same location on the center of the ground plane!

2) Invoke "Shader->Display Normals"
- Model is tiny
- Vertex position and Normals are fine.

3) Examine .mesh.ascii data
- The head joint is 0.0378 above the ground. Should be around 1.6 meter above the ground. Very tiny.

4) Scale it with factor 42 to see the tiny model
- It change nothing

5) Examine .mesh.ascii data (skinning)
I know, the scale is a part of the World Matrix, and the vertex positon on the screen is calculated in the shader.
Something like the multiplication World * View * Projection * vertex position * bone weight * bone index * pose tranformation matrix
If one part is zero, then result is zero. So the whole model is just a single point (Yes, I have read your "SinglePointFace tutorial)
- Bone weights are fine
- bone indices are fine
- XNALara shader required exactly 4 values. The .mesh.ascii contains just one value (but if I extend it to 4 values, it change nothing)

6) Examine .mesh.ascii data (root ground rule)
I know, the "root ground" is also a part of the World Matrix
- First bone is not the root of the armature. parent index of "finger41" is 30 and not -1

7) 6) Examine .mesh.ascii data, searching the root of the armature.
Starting with the pelvis bone, if found "e01 201" as root bone.
- Parent index is not -1 !!
- the bone "e01 201" (root of the armature) point to itself !!!
- No bone has as parent the value -1 !!!!

8) "Modify->Clean armature" with "Scale: 42"
- Mesh no longer tiny.
- Vertex positions and Normals are fine
- Mesh still invisible
- All bone positions still on position 0,0,0
-" Clean armature2 is no solution there

9) Make the bone "e02 201" as root of the armature, by setting is parent i to -1
- Success. Everything works perfectly.

19) Noesis test with FBX file
- Root with self reference

11) Noesis with fixed Generic_Item.mesh.ascii file

BTW:
Trying to save the original FBX file with Noesis as new FBX (using this defect FBX model) result in freezing Noesis.

Code: Select all

Noesis export as FBX (no response; hanging; freeze; have to kill Noesis with taskmgr)

Output extension has set output file type to:.fbx - Autodesk FBX
Detected file type: Autodesk FBX
Loading scene with FBX library.
FBX version number for this FBX SDK is 7.5.0
FBX version number for file is 7.1.0
Traversing scene nodes.
Loading materials.
Generating meshes.
Take 0: global_take_0
Cleaning up FBX library.
Generating final model.
Performing RichPGeo::Optimize on 11856 verts and 3952 triangles...
Finished with 3384 verts and 3952 triangles in 0.00 seconds.
Creating skeleton.
Constructing mesh list.
I have to kill Noesis with the taskmgr.exe
Now, Noesis cannot start again !!!!!! I have to reboot my System to bring Noesis to start.

This defect FBX model crash my computer.