[PC] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Release and comment on game extractors and other tools here.

Moderators: Dazzy, semory

Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 7676
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:38 pm
Location: Torrance, CA
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: [PC] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Postby semory » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:52 am

cool i'll look tomorrow morning when i wake up

Porter
User avatar
Posts: 3511
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:13 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Re: [PC] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Postby ProtocolX27 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:59 am

Ha hah, no rush, it only took me a couple weeks to get through the files, so a few hours or days is not big deal. :LOL:
Image

Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 7676
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:38 pm
Location: Torrance, CA
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: [PC] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Postby semory » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:20 pm

In folder 06ac, you see 00003f3d.mtl_a? Load that into hex editor. Look at bottom of file. You see this:

39 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 01 01 00
38 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 02 01 00
0F 09 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 03 01 00
3D 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 00 00 00 8B 04 01 00
3D 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 2C 00 02 00
38 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 00 01 00

I highlighted the 0F 09 00 00. Reverse that. Isn't that the name of the texture?
So now look for 00000038.dds, 00000039.dds, ect. wherever those default shared files may be.

Porter
User avatar
Posts: 3511
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:13 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Re: [PC] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Postby ProtocolX27 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:45 pm

Thanks I can work with that, :think: that model is the low res and it looks like 38/39 are both 1x1 normal or spec images.

Would you mind taking a look at the 0433 folder? That has a ton more materials for the high poly model. Is there a way to correlate the the separated mesh pieces after import and which material it uses? I just went through all of the _a & _b folders and any missing textures I found were mostly normals and effects files. :think:
Image

Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 7676
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:38 pm
Location: Torrance, CA
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: [PC] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Postby semory » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:31 pm

ah association of mesh pieces with materials.... good question. it's been a long time since i looked at TR/deus ex files. it will take me a couple days to look through my notes.

User avatar
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:14 am

Re: [PC] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Postby silverfish » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:25 am

I ran semory's tool on the files from Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Director's Cut). I found the model I wanted, and found I had to install Blender 2.49 to get the Python script to work. Did that, but now I have a model that is rigged, but it doesn't have bones? It seems to just have joints. Is this expected, and how do I get the bones?

Porter
User avatar
Posts: 3511
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:13 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Re: [PC] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Postby ProtocolX27 » Tue May 23, 2017 10:04 am

silverfish wrote:I ran semory's tool on the files from Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Director's Cut). I found the model I wanted, and found I had to install Blender 2.49 to get the Python script to work. Did that, but now I have a model that is rigged, but it doesn't have bones? It seems to just have joints. Is this expected, and how do I get the bones?



Was there a separate .smc file for the skeleton? I'd have to revisit DX.... I can't remember.
Image

Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:00 pm
Custom Rank: Butte

Re: [PC] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Postby Rinnie » Thu May 25, 2017 5:09 pm

Is there a link to the tools mentioned in the OP? I couldnt find it

User avatar
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:14 am

Re: [PC] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Postby silverfish » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:10 am

ProtocolX27 wrote:
silverfish wrote:I ran semory's tool on the files from Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Director's Cut). I found the model I wanted, and found I had to install Blender 2.49 to get the Python script to work. Did that, but now I have a model that is rigged, but it doesn't have bones? It seems to just have joints. Is this expected, and how do I get the bones?



Was there a separate .smc file for the skeleton? I'd have to revisit DX.... I can't remember.


Sorry! I only just saw your reply. Yes, there is an smc file. How do I use it?

User avatar
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:14 am

Re: [PC] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Postby silverfish » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:15 am

Rinnie wrote:Is there a link to the tools mentioned in the OP? I couldnt find it


There are links right at the top of the post, unless you mean links for Rick's tools, which are here:

http://www.moddb.com/games/deus-ex-3/downloads/gibbeds-deus-ex-hr-tools

PreviousNext

Return to Releases

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest