The Witcher 3

Request tools to extract models and other assets from video games.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, semory

Leon7000
Custom Rank: The Witcher

The Witcher 3

Post by Leon7000 »

I am wondering if anyone is working on main character models from TW3. I can't be the only one in love with the game.

I believe that the character models can be extracted because I have found two of them on DeviantArt but they aren't available for download.

If I knew how to extract the models I would do it myself but I don't and I also own TW3 for the PS4.

Please, I am desperately checking for models twice a day and I would appreciate a response to my post stating if anyone is working on them or planning to and if they are too difficult to extract or not compatible with XNALARA.

Thank you.
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Re: The Witcher 3

Post by Love2Raid »

Witcher 3 is already being talked about in this thread: http://www.xnalara.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9
Feel free to join the discussion there. :)

(Although if people would prefer to use this thread for chat about TW3, it's cool. So I'll leave it open just in case. xD)
Leon7000

Post by Leon7000 »

Thank you for your quick response, I have searched the thread for all the posts containing any information about TW3.

I can't say that I have actually been able to figure out in what stage of the model extracting you guys are. There was mentioned something about how the tool for extracting models isn't available yet.

I have to mention that someone has succeded at extracting Yennefer and Ciri. His name is deronzar and he's on DeviantArt.

Can you please tell me a bit more about the entire extracting from TW3 thing. I am dying for these models. Do you have any idea when the models will be available. It's such a relief to finnaly find out that someone is working at them.

Thank you so much.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

probably either hardcoded out, or like the witcher 2 tool did, scan for appropriate chunks. but right now there is no public tool. we don't really talk to deronar much so don't know... i know someone working on a tool so be patient hehehe...
Leon7000

Post by Leon7000 »

Thank you, It's good to hear that someone is working on a tool.

If there's any update on the topic please let me know.
Anx

Post by Anx »

deronar

Post by deronar »

Again a tiny drama about my stupid pics :( I'm so tired to change my accounts on this damn Deviant Art. That's it and it's a right choice, no more pics from deronzar account I have "alt" which no one knows about (except Kamil), thanks God. You sir Semory is a very wise man, really :) You keeping your page blank, for sure you can get any model, but you aren't showing them! And I just can't keep it blank, and always there are people which find it.
As for tool - yeah, very awesome and skillful guys working on it, so just have a patience and wait a bit
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

Hahahahaha, I know, it doesn't take long for people to find your page. There's no reason to share with anyone if you don't want to, so just block the rude people who comment. Though I will say this: you obviously have some talent (and possibly a CS degree?), and you should showcase it more. dA is kind of the wrong place to do that. For example, gildor uses his work as a resume, and so do I. Use your knowledge to get a good job (possibly out of the ukraine) and don't worry about trivial things like if people are making LOL-able nude mods).
Leon7000

Post by Leon7000 »

I apologise if I have insulted deronar in any way. I appreciate the work you do here guys, truly. But there is just one thing that worries me. When the models are, eventually, extracted they will be free? Right? You won't be charging for them?
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Whoever charges for models shouldn't even be doing that. We would never charge for models as we don't own them.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.