The Witcher 3

Request tools to extract models and other assets from video games.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, semory

Leon7000
Custom Rank: The Witcher

Re: The Witcher 3

Post by Leon7000 »

I have to admit that patience isn't my stronger trait. I can't help wondering if anyone has any idea when the models will be released (or at least the tool). I don't mean to hurry anyone up because I am very happy and grateful that skilled and talented people are working on a tool but are we talking about days, weeks or months? And how long it usually takes for models to be released when a new game (with great models) appears?
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

well i looked at the data already but stopped since someone better is working on it, and i thought it might take me a month if i tried. it is a lot of bookkeeping - not hard but not fun. give it another month or two.
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

So funny not asking anyone to hurry up then asking for an E.T.A.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
Leon7000

Post by Leon7000 »

I was simply asking for an E.T.A. because I wanted to know if I should look for newly extracted models every few days or maybe forget about them for a few weeks or so. As I said I am perfectly happy knowing that someone's working on it and I'm happy to wait for them (a month or two). As much as it may seem that I am trying to hurry the people working on it I am not because I'm not even done with the game itself.

I am concerned about one other thing. The guys working on a tool are discussing it on XeNTaX, right? If that's so I might start worrying again because there seems to be no recent posts on any of The Witcher 3 topics, the last ones are more than ten days old. Have they changed threads? Can anyone give me a link of a recent and ongoing discussion? I am very sorry to hear that semory has stopped working on a tool. Are there any chances you might give it another try in the next few weeks?

There is another thing I'd like to mention concerning deronar/deronzar. I believe he has the right to share pictures of his models on deviantArt without releasing them for public but I still think that if anyone can help the ones working on a tool (if he's not one of them himself) is deronar because he has extracted three perfectly working models from TW3 and offered us to share them for a donation. Two of them: http://deronzar.deviantart.com/art/The- ... -536859049 http://deronzar.deviantart.com/art/The- ... -540475016
thePWA
Porter

Post by thePWA »

Don't wait for them. They'll be available when they're available or made available.
deronar

Post by deronar »

OMG! You just can't stop it, don't you? Forget about it on week or better two, I'm sure nothing will be available till then. About " if anyone can help the ones working on a tool" lol Those people who's actually working on a tool doesn't need my help, because as I said "they skilled and awesome", but they don't need a drama about work they are doing, that's for sure aha ha ha

About this "my donation" thing, it was (again) stupid and tiny attempt to stop note-mess I'm getting about "give me models" thing. I though, it will stop it a bit, but then I was terrified how many notes I received about paying me "MONEY FOR MODELS!!!" This is bizarre! So, I deleted this journal in a sec, can't believe people are so desperate to pay money to some "guy" who ripped them. I'm mostly never share stuff I ripped, but also never charge money for that.
Leon7000

Post by Leon7000 »

Why is it so hard to upload your models to onedrive or a file sharing site then simply share them publicly? Share a method how to extract them, a simple guide. Have you yourself created a tool? If other people share their extracted models why won't you? WHY?!
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

I doubt the way deronar got the models was simple, and probably someone with a small amount of model exporting knowledge will be unable to extract them.
Honestly you just need to wait. Deronar doesn't have any right to share the models with you.
And the people working on the tool will have real life stuff too, so don't expect a post on xentax everyday... They do this in their free time.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Leon7000

Post by Leon7000 »

I'd like deronar read my post above as well but one thing he wrote makes no sense. He said that the people who are working on a tool are better at this tool making/model extracting than himself but he seems to be the one who has succeeded at extracting models from TW3. I believe he has done it manually or something of that sort and the people working on a tool are trying to find a simpler systematic method so that anyone at least a little skilled at model extracting can do it.

Still, deronar, why is it so hard to share the models publicly or at least with the ones working on the tool?
thePWA
Porter

Post by thePWA »

Why the need for these Witcher 3 models anyway? I mean there are tons of Witcher 2 floating around the interwebs... :)