The Witcher 3

Request tools to extract models and other assets from video games.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, semory

XNAaraL
XPS Author

Re: The Witcher 3

Post by XNAaraL »

Just uncook all needed file extensions ;)

RTFM ModKit-QuickGuide.pdf ... Chapter "12. Example"
Last edited by XNAaraL on Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

XNAaraL wrote:Just uncook all needed file extensions ;)

RTFM ModKit-QuickGuide.pdf ... Chaper "12. Example"
Thanks I'll try this one out right now. Keeping my fingers crossed for luck.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
XNAaraL
XPS Author

Post by XNAaraL »

thePWA wrote:
XNAaraL wrote:Just uncook all needed file extensions ;)

RTFM ModKit-QuickGuide.pdf ... Chaper "12. Example"
Thanks I'll try this one out right now. Keeping my fingers crossed for luck.
Just a hint:

Code: Select all

wcc_lite uncook -indir="C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content" -outdir=L:\Uncooked\   -imgfmt=tga
Anx has used "-uncookext=xbm" ... and this means "converting the texture file (from .xbm to .tga)" ;)

EDIT:

To answer your question here
thePWA wrote:Do I use the .bms unpacker or the RED tools to unpack the game files? I just got the game and am curious how to export the models with XPS.
Both Tools works. The Output from both a slightly different, but my importer script supports both.
If you use QuickBMS, than you Need a LUA script to convert the texture Images. Therfore I prefer the RED Tools ... but be aware, the RED Tools unpack not every mesh parts ... because parts which Modkit do not handle simply don't uncook them from game, so they are not visible for modders. ModKits technical specification just don't allow that."
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

Unpacked the game files using the bms unpacker while the textures were unpacked using the MODkit tools. Thanks for all the help XNAaraL!
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
dibe91

Post by dibe91 »

I managed to get the files but I still have problems. 1) the model should have a skirt but can not find it. 2) there are some that are out of the bone model 3) I can not convertirre the texturer format that tga

XNAaraL
XPS Author

Post by XNAaraL »

thePWA wrote:Unpacked the game files using the bms unpacker while the textures were unpacked using the MODkit tools. Thanks for all the help XNAaraL!
Well, this works also ... or use wc_lite with the Option -uncookext=xbm,w2mesh,1.buffer,w2rig,w2ent
dibe91 wrote:I managed to get the files but I still have problems. 1) the model should have a skirt but can not find it. 2) there are some that are out of the bone model 3) I can not convertirre the texturer format that tga

http://i63.tinypic.com/2mewq6g.jpg
Come fare domande in modo intelligente
Perhaps, you should read my message viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1219&start=100#p75778 again.

2)
Your screen proves, you have used XPS 11.2 ... I have used XPS 11.3 ... therefore the wrong bone position.
BTW:
Remember to load at first ... the Body mesh ! ... Because this mesh part have the whole armature.

If you have no interest in my extensions, then you should not inquire for help.
BTW: (Good) porting is more than just using a converter.

1)
If you want to find the skirt ... the file name is :
It is a dynamic (APEX Physics) Clothing

3)
[youtube]mivOhQhRiHI[/youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mivOhQhRiHI

Matthew 7:7-8

Ask, Seek, Knock

7 ÔÇ£Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
SonYume

Post by SonYume »

I know it's been few years, but is anyone still around here?
I have a problem with getting all textures. I did extract files with ModKit, and I didn't get all textures . For example young ciri has face and body textures but not eyes and hair. How can I get the missing textures? Any help, please :cry:
Anx

Post by Anx »

SonYume wrote:I know it's been few years, but is anyone still around here?
I have a problem with getting all textures. I did extract files with ModKit, and I didn't get all textures . For example young ciri has face and body textures but not eyes and hair. How can I get the missing textures? Any help, please :cry:
Don't run in trouble -> https://www.deviantart.com/x--n--a/jour ... -789141330