Orange Normal maps in XPS/XNALara

Request tools to extract models and other assets from video games.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, semory

Skaro Em

Orange Normal maps in XPS/XNALara

Post by Skaro Em »

Is it possible to make xnalara support the orange/yellow normal maps. The reason for this is because its sometimes hard to convert them with Gimp. (I'm a big gimp fan.) And when I download some models I see the normal map is the same colour as the Star Craft 2 normals. The normals I extract with TexMod Are orange but the have an alpha channel in bmp format where the ones without an alpha are a lot darker and in DDS format

Can anyone help

Thanks
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: Orange Normal maps in XPS/XNALara

Post by semory »

Not in original XNALara, since last version of open source XNALara isn't 100% source code complete. Best bet would be to ask the XPS author on his forums.
XNAaraL
XPS Author

Re: Orange Normal maps in XPS/XNALara

Post by XNAaraL »

semory wrote:Not in original XNALara, since last version of open source XNALara isn't 100% source code complete. Best bet would be to ask the XPS author on his forums.
You can also ask me on THIS forum ;)
Skaro Em wrote:Is it possible to make xnalara support the orange/yellow normal maps. The reason for this is because its sometimes hard to convert them with Gimp. (I'm a big gimp fan.) And when I download some models I see the normal map is the same colour as the Star Craft 2 normals. The normals I extract with TexMod Are orange but the have an alpha channel in bmp format where the ones without an alpha are a lot darker and in DDS format

Can anyone help

Thanks
For example the DXT5_nm format usually expects the X axis to be in the alpha channel, the Y axis to be in the green channel, and the red and blue channels to be empty.

Since XNALara/XPS Version 10.8.8 ... you can change the the Common Swizzle Coordinates with "Modify-->Flags" --> http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpos ... count=2999