Magna Carta Tears Of Blood (Playstation)

Request tools to extract models and other assets from video games.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, semory

Runa

Magna Carta Tears Of Blood (Playstation)

Post by Runa »

Hey guys, I've found the game Magna Carta Tears Of Blood and I think it's quite old. There is a PC version too, but I've found only the one for Playstation console. Do you know how could I extract the models from there?
On XentaX there is a script that allows you to import many models from many games in 3d studio max, with bones... included this one, but I need to understand how to extract the needed files, first.

I obtained a .iso file and I extracted the content using winrar... but I don't know what to do next. In my folder I have this list:

Module (folder)
Movie18 (folder)
Movie99 (folder)

afs.dir
afsinfo.ini
File.afs
ioprp270.img
LINEAR.afs
MUSIC.afs
Ship.afs
SLUS_212.21
SYSTEM.CNF

What now? :roll:
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: Magna Carta Tears Of Blood (Playstation)

Post by semory »

Afs is a common container. Noesis can export Afs to multiple files.
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

Magna Carta tears of blood? Isn't that Unreal 2 engine?
Umodel probably has support for it?
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

It is Unreal 2 engine, extract the afs (I think) and use umodel on the extracted files ^^
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Runa

Post by Runa »

Oh is it really UE? I didn't know... even because it's not listed in Gildor's main page nor in his forum. I thought that only Magna Carta II was supported.
Anyway I'm gonna try both Noesis and umodel and see if I can actually extract them like that :D the script I have would be useless for MCTOF in case it works. Thank you guys.

EDIT: Uhm... it has indeed some UE files (such as "Content.u" and stuff like that), but I can't actually view any models. I extracted the files included into the .asf packages and I obtained a bunch of files but umodel is not even loading them :/

The script I have is for Magna Carta, Phantom of the Avalanche... that I thought to be the same game, but apparently it's not. The script seems to work fine with the ready files (although I don't know how to import the textures) and of course it won't work with Tears of blood files :(
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

Send me some sample files I'll see what I can do.
Runa

Post by Runa »

Okay, here you are three .asf files where I think the models could be stored.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5zk4qkckso8gh21

However there is another file called LINEAR.asf that is quite heavy... so MAYBE it could contain meshes and such... but I'm not sure. I have to split the archive in order to load it on MF (350 mb in total), so you can check these two packs first.
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

there are no models in those two files. File.afs is basically system crap, and Ship.afs is some kind of game data but not models.
Runa

Post by Runa »

semory wrote:there are no models in those two files. File.afs is basically system crap, and Ship.afs is some kind of game data but not models.
Weird... I don't really know where to find them there...? The extracted iso shows only the files I've written above. I checked the UE files in umodel but I didn't find any model either...
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

Models are probably in linear.afs.