Last Ranker [PSP]

Request tools to extract models and other assets from video games.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, semory

Runa

Last Ranker [PSP]

Post by Runa »

Me again, lol.
I actually wanted to extract the models from this game for a long time now, but never found the proper way.
I asked for help on XentaX some time ago and made another post yesterday, but the thread seems pretty hide and/or abandoned, so I have decided to make a thread here too.

The folders I extracted contain many files and there are two formats that I think could include one or more models. The formats are .CNK and .BIN.

Finally my offzip worked again and I could unpack the .CNK that has a character's name in the tile. My folder is now full of .dat files + a .lin file and I don't know if there is a way to read them already or not.

The .BIN one does't work in offzip, though. I just tried the first file and got an error.

Here the simples http://www.mediafire.com/?ahds0p1tc4pp66p I didn't include the .dat ones, only the .CNK and the .BIN 'cause I couldn't successfully unpack them at first. The pack is 1.06 mb heavy.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: Last Ranker [PSP]

Post by semory »

It's fine Runa lol. Ask away ha ha ha. On Xentax if it's not DOA or RE things tend to get buried lol. I read Xentax today and I don't even recall seeing your thread lol!

I've seen this format before; black rock shooter it was I think... I can see why no one wants to touch it . I remember they figured out the vertex format but they couldn't figure out the texture format. Of course, the PSP emulator can be used to extract textures. In the EFC files you will see PTMD sections, those are the textures, and as I recall for BRS, no one could figure it out.

So t-pose geometry without textures can be most likely be manually extracted on a model-by-model basis. Not sure about skeletons; the sample you sent doesn't appear to be a character model (I see a ef_i_rock001.mdl in the files).
Runa

Post by Runa »

Uhm, weird. I really don't know where the characters are stored, then. I have to take another look and, eventually, extract the whole thing all over again to see if I, by any chance, missed something.

Ah yes, on XentaX someone mentioned BRS, but they said these characters were the same or something and I honestly didn't remember these models in BRS XD

Anyway, if models and textures can be extracted it would be very nice... although I'd also need bones too because I never rigged a model and I really don't want to bother other people to rig all of them >_<
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Runa

Post by Runa »

So, I have found a new copy of Last Ranker, since it looks like I accidentally deleted some files. Still, I don't know where the characters are stored, there are many folders containing countless .BIN files and such.

I have packed all the main folders. Could it be possible to eventually analyze them?

Package 1
Package 2
Package 3
Package 4
Package 5
Package 6
Package 7