Star Wars The Clone Wars Republic Heroes .mdg, .tex

Request tools to extract models and other assets from video games.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, semory

PoophairJones
Custom Rank: Baebsae

Star Wars The Clone Wars Republic Heroes .mdg, .tex

Post by PoophairJones »

Hey^^

Yeah another SW request damn >.< but the models of this are bit more high res (there arent as many though)
However the format of this seems similar to the one of Blade Kitten (both were developed by KROME Studios)... chroxx wrote a script for Blade Kitten to import .mdg files: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?p=44598

It however doesn't work on these anymore. I don't have access to Blade Kitten files yet so i can't provide anything for comparison >< But here are all files for one character from SWTCWRH https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=c43c8698 ... C9E2FB!560

the xentax topic says that .tex files are just headerless .dds files with header info at the bottom... i tried to put a header on them but got garbage xD i probably just did sth wrong >.< it would be nice to maybe at least have the textures because some of the normal maps don't even load ingame (but would be neat to have in XNALara cause they are better than custom ones)
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Re: Star Wars The Clone Wars Republic Heroes .mdg, .tex

Post by Dazzy »

The files for SWCWRH will probably have different compression to the ones of Blade Kitten, probably some script edits would make it work, Steve might be able to find a way to do it :D
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

So I tried editing the tex file by adding a header (first time ive done this lolz) and I got pixelated norm maps from one of the norm map .tex files, I changed it from DXT1 to DXT2 and it looks better but doesnt work properly, I change it to DXT3 and higher and no change from DXT2 D:
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
PoophairJones
Custom Rank: Baebsae

Post by PoophairJones »

TRDaz wrote:So I tried editing the tex file by adding a header (first time ive done this lolz) and I got pixelated norm maps from one of the norm map .tex files, I changed it from DXT1 to DXT2 and it looks better but doesnt work properly, I change it to DXT3 and higher and no change from DXT2 D:
Yepp thatz what i meant^^ tried to add it but it never worked out >.<
Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

So... I wanted to check if these models can get OGB's too, and in the .mdl file I found the bone names I think, like so:
z_L_ThighRoll.z_L_Calf.z_L_CalfRoll.z_L_Foot.z_L_Toe.z_R_Thigh.z_R_ThighRoll. z_R_Calf.z_R_CalfRoll.z_R_Foot.z_R_Toe.z_Spine01.z_Spine02.z_Spine03. z_Chest.z_L_Clavicle.z_L_Bicep.z_L_BicepRoll.z_L_ForeArm.z_L_ForeArmRoll. z_L_Hand.z_L_Index01.z_L_Index02.z_L_Index03.z_L_Middle01.z_L_Middle02. z_L_Middle03.z_L_Pinky01.z_L_Pinky02.z_L_Pinky03
And so on, nearly the same way listed as SWCWA, maybe if bones are possible for this then it will be possible for CWA?