SkeletalMeshes

Request tools to extract models and other assets from video games.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, semory

Runa

SkeletalMeshes

Post by Runa »

Me again! XD
I have a question. Some time ago I found out about a tool called "Unreal Package Extractor" that allows you to extract all the files included into a UE file. I was wondering, since you get meshes with .SkeletalMeshes extention, would it be possible to eventually unpack this file too and extract .psk models included in said packages? Or is it totally impossible?
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
PoophairJones
Custom Rank: Baebsae

Re: SkeletalMeshes

Post by PoophairJones »

Runa wrote:Me again! XD
I have a question. Some time ago I found out about a tool called "Unreal Package Extractor" that allows you to extract all the files included into a UE file. I was wondering, since you get meshes with .SkeletalMeshes extention, would it be possible to eventually unpack this file too and extract .psk models included in said packages? Or is it totally impossible?
Guess this is regarding DMC demo?
Download the latest umodel and it exports fine =)
They all have no face rigs though (it's same as Enslaved (made by same devs)) I can rig them for you after you ported them if you want^^
Runa

Re: SkeletalMeshes

Post by Runa »

lol I just sent you a pm about that XD

Nope, actually the question was generic. I always wondered if it was possible to eventually extract the stuff contained into those files... though I think it's more like a pack that you could maybe edit with other stuff and then repack it back into the game...

Anyway, about DmC, we can talk about that in pm :D
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."