Rise Of The Guardians

Request tools to extract models and other assets from video games.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, semory

semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: Rise Of The Guardians

Post by semory »

blender import SUCKS ha ha ha cuz in lightwave UVs are great :D. well i'm working on a blender importer at the moment but have no idea when it will be done. i'll see what i can do to import Jack directly into blender...
Runa

Post by Runa »

Oh well, looks like a long work needs to be done on him, so... XD
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

Yeah, too bad that the importer messes up the model. :/

@Runa:
Why don't you go to the chat box, it will make you feel a lot better. :ggl:
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

or worse :D
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

No way. :dats:
Runa

Post by Runa »

I felt better indeed XD
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Runa

Post by Runa »

Okay... I've decided to try and start the hard work, because I'm not gonna give up so soon :P

First of all, I saved the .blend file for the older version of the program, so I was able to indeed load it in blender 2.49. However, when I open the model I get this:

Is it a problem or just a normal message that won't cause any issues?

Second, since I am usually a 3DS Max user... is there a way to "automatically" rotate a mesh, instead of doing it manually and risking to place it in a wrong way? I mean, is it possible to direcly write "90" somewhere to rotate the selected part pressing the enter key right after?

Plus, how can I apply the textures in blender? I'd need them applied at least to the eyes... so that I can rotate them correctly.
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

runa, if i can figure out why textures are not being applied by my blender script (I think I posted the problem in another thread), I will redo Jack and import him directly into Blender.

BTW, that warning message is no problem unless the new blend file contains animations, so ignore it.
Runa

Post by Runa »

semory wrote:runa, if i can figure out why textures are not being applied by my blender script (I think I posted the problem in another thread), I will redo Jack and import him directly into Blender.

BTW, that warning message is no problem unless the new blend file contains animations, so ignore it.
So this means that the model might be fully rigged right after and I will have no need to do all this edits to him (except, maybe, place hair, eyes and mouth)? If yes, I'll wait and avoid useless work lol :D
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

the weight problem will still be there unless I can figure out how the weights are mapped to the bones, but at least you won't have to redo any UV mapping (that is unforgivable for that LWO import plugin... how can anyone write and openly publish such a shitty plugin is beyond me).