Resident Evil 6

Request tools to extract models and other assets from video games.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, semory

PoophairJones
Custom Rank: Baebsae

Re: Resident Evil 6

Post by PoophairJones »

thePWA wrote:
semory wrote:were the RE5 PC models that much better than the RE5 console models?
Not sure... I got some RE5 models off facepunch ripped by luxox_18, if RE5 doesn't have a console extractor then good chance that those were ripped from PC. If that's the case, I'm looking at some head textures at 2048x2048 but legs and bodies at 512x512
REORC by any chance? xD
Xbox360 textures for that one were the same on legs^^ But they never got over 1024 x 1024 so the PC version was worth a wait.
But well...it was developed by Slant Six Games and not in Capcom's engine. So they may just get lazy like in RE4 or 5 -.- cause RE5 has BARE changes in texture size and models..and well RE4 on Pc is low res'er than the Gamecube version xD
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

.:Someone:. wrote: REORC by any chance? xD
Xbox360 textures for that one were the same on legs^^ But they never got over 1024 x 1024 so the PC version was worth a wait.
But well...it was developed by Slant Six Games and not in Capcom's engine. So they may just get lazy like in RE4 or 5 -.- cause RE5 has BARE changes in texture size and models..and well RE4 on Pc is low res'er than the Gamecube version xD
RE5. luxox got the majinis, bsaa guys, jill, chris, wesker and all sheva costumes with original game rigging. Plasmid on the other hand also posted RE5 DLCs (Chris warrior, Sheva fairy tale et al, thats where I got Barry).

@semory I've been reading that RE6 PS3 textures extracted had "barely-there" specmaps (or worse no specmaps at all)... please say it ain't so :(
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

Hmm, I didn't really analyze the textures, but if you have the PS3 version of the game...

1.) Put ripper.exe, zlib.dll in game's root directory.
2.) Run ripper.exe.
3.) Click Yes when it asks to process ARC files.
4.) Click Yes when it asks to process TEX files.
5.) Click No when it asks to process MOD files (still working on it).
5.) Wait for about an hour and check out all the DDS files in the RE6_extract directory.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

semory wrote:Hmm, I didn't really analyze the textures, but if you have the PS3 version of the game...

1.) Put ripper.exe, zlib.dll in game's root directory.
2.) Run ripper.exe.
3.) Click Yes when it asks to process ARC files.
4.) Click Yes when it asks to process TEX files.
5.) Click No when it asks to process MOD files (still working on it).
5.) Wait for about an hour and check out all the DDS files in the RE6_extract directory.
Still deciding if I should get the game for PS3 even if I don't have PS3...
ahhhrrrgggh
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

lol, if you have it for xbox360 or plan on just waiting and buying it for PC, there are other ways to get the PS3 version :). i hate buying shit more than once as well.
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

You know what's really sad about RE6? The weapons and weapon textures lol. Check out the 9-oh-9. Normal map added makes a difference, but just with 256 x 256 diffuse map it looks like this. In fact, both the normal map and spec map for the 9-oh-9 are 512 x 512 :D.

Ventrue
Custom Rank: Frequent Lurker

Post by Ventrue »

semory wrote:You know what's really sad about RE6? The weapons and weapon textures lol. Check out the 9-oh-9. Normal map added makes a difference, but just with 256 x 256 diffuse map it looks like this. In fact, both the normal map and spec map for the 9-oh-9 are 512 x 512 :D.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/ ... 6_9oh9.jpg
I really hope they'll scale the textures up a bit for the PC release. *-*
I'm just here for the boobs.
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Ventrue wrote:I really hope they'll scale the textures up a bit for the PC release. *-*
I'm confident they will. It's one of the selling points for the PC version.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

Rybat Grimes

Post by Rybat Grimes »

So now that the PC version is out, please tell me there is someone out there that's getting the models. It'd be really nice to have those juicy high res textures, and original bones. :D