Resident Evil 6

Request tools to extract models and other assets from video games.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, semory

thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Resident Evil 6

Post by thePWA »

Ok ok everyone's waiting for the PC version and all but am hoping since REORC got an extractor after I posted a request here... here's crossing my fingers that posting will make lightning strike twice :D

PS yes I saw howfie's post over at xentax... hope rekindled :D
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: Resident Evil 6

Post by semory »

I got all textures from PS3 version except for maybe 4 or 5 effects textures, which use a special swizzle. Haven't started working on the model format yet (currently switched to Rise of Guardians, which looks easier). Though I was hoping my post would force those guys to release their extractor earlier ha ha ha. If you want to play with the textures I can send you the texture extractor right now.
thePWA
Porter

Post by thePWA »

semory wrote:I got all textures from PS3 version except for maybe 4 or 5 effects textures, which use a special swizzle. Haven't started working on the model format yet (currently switched to Rise of Guardians, which looks easier). Though I was hoping my post would force those guys to release their extractor earlier ha ha ha. If you want to play with the textures I can send you the texture extractor right now.
Sounds like a good start. No rush.

Also just noticed there's already a RE6 thread here already can this one be locked or deleted in favor of that one?
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

until the web host complains we're getting too large or getting to much traffic (which isn't likely), i see no reason to be so anal about such things lol. last I checked this web site database still takes under 10 MB of space.
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

even on other new forum sites that i go to, like the borderlands2forum, which has more members than us but they get fewer posts per day, they are so anal about such things and i'm thinking ok...
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

the way it's going right now it would take us 10 or 20 years to get to a gigabyte :). then we'd be pushing it lol and may have to archive posts.
.:Someone Else:.

Post by .:Someone Else:. »

semory wrote:the way it's going right now it would take us 10 or 20 years to get to a gigabyte :). then we'd be pushing it lol and may have to archive posts.
:challengea:

To stay OT, I hope the PC version will be a good one, to make it worth the wait for original bones models XD
Bye y'all, was fun while it lasted
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

were the RE5 PC models that much better than the RE5 console models?
thePWA
Porter

Post by thePWA »

semory wrote:were the RE5 PC models that much better than the RE5 console models?
Not sure... I got some RE5 models off facepunch ripped by luxox_18, if RE5 doesn't have a console extractor then good chance that those were ripped from PC. If that's the case, I'm looking at some head textures at 2048x2048 but legs and bodies at 512x512
.:Someone Else:.

Post by .:Someone Else:. »

Oh that's usually the case, those low res leg textures, I've seen it many times, don't know why :shock:
Bye y'all, was fun while it lasted