Warriors Orochi 3

Request tools to extract models and other assets from video games.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, semory

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Warriors Orochi 3

Post by Dazzy »

Just wondering if there was any progress on Warriors Orochi 3. I know you, Steve, did some main work to get them out of their large files, but I think you stopped working on it because the format was difficult? If you can try and work on it, I would love that :) If you can't then I understand :D
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: Warriors Orochi 3

Post by semory »

No, it is not difficult. In fact, it is quite easy. It's just that you won't have cloth. If you don't mind not having the cloth, I'll continue working on it. Rexil sent me the shaders to see how the cloth was transformed during vertex processing, but it is quite complex because there is also bone and lighting transforms in the code. I don't know if I or anyone will ever be able to extract the cloth from those games.
Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

Oh great! I thought it was difficult lol. I wouldnt mind not having the cloth, I would learn how to make the cloth mesh, but would they have bones or would they be static like DW7 models? :) Im guessing static?
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

It's hard to say about bones without looking at it yet... I tried to get bones from One Piece, and some of the bones look great, but some of them are really messed up, as the cloth bones also appear to use the same vertex shader transform as the cloth vertices... give me a day or two and I will show you a pic of the bones from One Piece. If the bones are the same format in WO3, then yeah, probably not.
Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

Ok :) Thanks for doing this btw :D