Soulcalibur 4 or 5 character models rip.extract w/ textures

Discussion about ripping models and other assets from video games.

Moderators: Runa, Love2Raid, semory

dclem

Soulcalibur 4 or 5 character models rip.extract w/ textures

Post by dclem »

What tools and the like are needed to extract 3d models? (aim: character creation models) is xnalara a part of tools needed to do so; and is xbox back creator really needed in the case?I've seen others rip from the games, but don't never show how they did, or give false links to either dead sources or malware files.
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Re: Soulcalibur 4 or 5 character models rip.extract w/ textu

Post by Love2Raid »

I don't know much about the tools you need anymore, since I haven't ported anything in years. ^_^'

But AFAIK you can't rip the CC models, only regular characters and the base models and individual items from the CC. So you would need to search for all the parts and then combine them. Still, the result won't look like the model in-game since the game uses modifiers to change the size of characters and items. So you would need to modify stuff like the body proportions in a 3D program. And then you also need to colour the textures, of course. Not going to be easy if you've never ported anything before.

Edit: maybe you can use XPS to modify the model proportions. :think:
dclem

Re: Soulcalibur 4 or 5 character models rip.extract w/ textu

Post by dclem »

Hi, Love2Raid, thank you much for the answer. So it is possible to rip from the two; maybe not directly CC models, and I understand, but as long as I'm able to rip the base models used in CC, I can definitely redo all the attributes in a 3D program, and get it just right. I am fully prepared for the work ahead, I only need the right direction and tools and I'll get there. And always, share the result with the community around me for the next person, so they'll have less of a headache during the process.
As far as tools, as I reached, I need Xbox backup Creator, which I have the recent version of, but always got an error: "Cannot determine disk type" when I put my Soulcalibur 4 CD in the CD drive. If I remember correctly, I, at least, need to get to the root files, and then use one other tool and that's it, but the Xbox backup creator is bazaar. I wonder if I was only supposed to use an iso version of SC4/5.

btw, little curious, are you also on the forum: tombraiderforums.com?