.XPS files...

Discussion about ripping models and other assets from video games.

Moderators: Runa, Love2Raid, semory

User avatar
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:37 pm
Custom Rank: O3 Captain

.XPS files...

Postby IAmCaptainRedfield » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:07 am

May seem like a stupid question, but how do I obtain the .XPS file after I convert a file from its native format(in this case, Source .MDL)???
Image

User avatar
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:47 am
Custom Rank: Top Kek!

Re: .XPS files...

Postby d19xx » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:42 am

Save within Xps. The default extension will be ".xps".

User avatar
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:37 pm
Custom Rank: O3 Captain

Re: .XPS files...

Postby IAmCaptainRedfield » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:51 am

I see. :D What about the .MTL file? I tried exporting in Noesis, but got no .MTL file...
Image

Porter
User avatar
Posts: 2416
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Earth circa 1999
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Re: .XPS files...

Postby thePWA » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:04 pm

I think .obj format has the mtl file, .xps doesn't have one as far as I know. If you're converting .mdl with noesis add the -objmtl tag to create the .mtl file.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!

User avatar
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:37 pm
Custom Rank: O3 Captain

Re: .XPS files...

Postby IAmCaptainRedfield » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:04 pm

thePWA wrote:I think .obj format has the mtl file, .xps doesn't have one as far as I know. If you're converting .mdl with noesis add the -objmtl tag to create the .mtl file.


Got that. Now XPS is telling me that there's no diffuse texture defined for the .OBJ... Which is kinda strange... I converted the textures to the required formats(.TGA)and all the file names are correct, but still can't get it to load... :?
Image

Porter
User avatar
Posts: 2416
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Earth circa 1999
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Re: .XPS files...

Postby thePWA » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:08 pm

IAmCaptainRedfield wrote:
thePWA wrote:I think .obj format has the mtl file, .xps doesn't have one as far as I know. If you're converting .mdl with noesis add the -objmtl tag to create the .mtl file.


Got that. Now XPS is telling me that there's no diffuse texture defined for the .OBJ... Which is kinda strange... I converted the textures to the required formats(.TGA)and all the file names are correct, but still can't get it to load... :?


.mdl is actually a bit tricky since it can call textures from other directories via .vmt to speed up loading time. Doesn't work for xnalara/xps since you need the actual texture to be accessed in the same directory. Make sure all the texture files are in the same directory as the .obj.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!

User avatar
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:37 pm
Custom Rank: O3 Captain

Re: .XPS files...

Postby IAmCaptainRedfield » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:25 pm

thePWA wrote:
IAmCaptainRedfield wrote:
thePWA wrote:I think .obj format has the mtl file, .xps doesn't have one as far as I know. If you're converting .mdl with noesis add the -objmtl tag to create the .mtl file.


Got that. Now XPS is telling me that there's no diffuse texture defined for the .OBJ... Which is kinda strange... I converted the textures to the required formats(.TGA)and all the file names are correct, but still can't get it to load... :?


.mdl is actually a bit tricky since it can call textures from other directories via .vmt to speed up loading time. Doesn't work for xnalara/xps since you need the actual texture to be accessed in the same directory. Make sure all the texture files are in the same directory as the .obj.


I assume this applies for the .VTX, .PHY, and .VVD files(which I'll likely need another program to convert them as Noesis doesn't seem to recognize those file types)as well?
Image

Porter
User avatar
Posts: 2416
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Earth circa 1999
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Re: .XPS files...

Postby thePWA » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:39 am

You don't need those if you're using noesis to convert .mdl to .obj you just nee to make sure that all the textures are in the same directory. Now if you want to decompile the .mdl without noesis well thats another story.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!

User avatar
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:37 pm
Custom Rank: O3 Captain

Re: .XPS files...

Postby IAmCaptainRedfield » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:00 am

thePWA wrote:You don't need those if you're using noesis to convert .mdl to .obj you just nee to make sure that all the textures are in the same directory. Now if you want to decompile the .mdl without noesis well thats another story.


Well then that's just the thing... They ARE all in the same directory(all in the same folder).
Image

Porter
User avatar
Posts: 2416
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Earth circa 1999
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Re: .XPS files...

Postby thePWA » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:54 am

IAmCaptainRedfield wrote:
thePWA wrote:You don't need those if you're using noesis to convert .mdl to .obj you just nee to make sure that all the textures are in the same directory. Now if you want to decompile the .mdl without noesis well thats another story.


Well then that's just the thing... They ARE all in the same directory(all in the same folder).

Upload the folder somewhere let me or one of the guys here look at it.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!

Next

Return to Research

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest