.XPS files...

Discussion about ripping models and other assets from video games.

Moderators: Runa, Love2Raid, semory

IAmCaptainRedfield
Custom Rank: O3 Captain

.XPS files...

Post by IAmCaptainRedfield »

May seem like a stupid question, but how do I obtain the .XPS file after I convert a file from its native format(in this case, Source .MDL)???
d19xx
Custom Rank: Lurker

Re: .XPS files...

Post by d19xx »

Save within Xps. The default extension will be ".xps".
IAmCaptainRedfield

I see. :D What about the .MTL file? I tried exporting in Noesis, but got no .MTL file...
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

I think .obj format has the mtl file, .xps doesn't have one as far as I know. If you're converting .mdl with noesis add the -objmtl tag to create the .mtl file.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
IAmCaptainRedfield

thePWA wrote:I think .obj format has the mtl file, .xps doesn't have one as far as I know. If you're converting .mdl with noesis add the -objmtl tag to create the .mtl file.
Got that. Now XPS is telling me that there's no diffuse texture defined for the .OBJ... Which is kinda strange... I converted the textures to the required formats(.TGA)and all the file names are correct, but still can't get it to load... :?
thePWA
Porter

Post by thePWA »

IAmCaptainRedfield wrote:
thePWA wrote:I think .obj format has the mtl file, .xps doesn't have one as far as I know. If you're converting .mdl with noesis add the -objmtl tag to create the .mtl file.
Got that. Now XPS is telling me that there's no diffuse texture defined for the .OBJ... Which is kinda strange... I converted the textures to the required formats(.TGA)and all the file names are correct, but still can't get it to load... :?
.mdl is actually a bit tricky since it can call textures from other directories via .vmt to speed up loading time. Doesn't work for xnalara/xps since you need the actual texture to be accessed in the same directory. Make sure all the texture files are in the same directory as the .obj.
IAmCaptainRedfield

thePWA wrote:
.mdl is actually a bit tricky since it can call textures from other directories via .vmt to speed up loading time. Doesn't work for xnalara/xps since you need the actual texture to be accessed in the same directory. Make sure all the texture files are in the same directory as the .obj.
I assume this applies for the .VTX, .PHY, and .VVD files(which I'll likely need another program to convert them as Noesis doesn't seem to recognize those file types)as well?
thePWA
Porter

Post by thePWA »

You don't need those if you're using noesis to convert .mdl to .obj you just nee to make sure that all the textures are in the same directory. Now if you want to decompile the .mdl without noesis well thats another story.
IAmCaptainRedfield

thePWA wrote:You don't need those if you're using noesis to convert .mdl to .obj you just nee to make sure that all the textures are in the same directory. Now if you want to decompile the .mdl without noesis well thats another story.
Well then that's just the thing... They ARE all in the same directory(all in the same folder).
thePWA
Porter

Post by thePWA »

thePWA wrote:You don't need those if you're using noesis to convert .mdl to .obj you just nee to make sure that all the textures are in the same directory. Now if you want to decompile the .mdl without noesis well thats another story.
Well then that's just the thing... They ARE all in the same directory(all in the same folder).
Upload the folder somewhere let me or one of the guys here look at it.