Hello :D (DW8 - Empires [PS3] help and introduction)

Discussion about ripping models and other assets from video games.

Moderators: Runa, Love2Raid, semory

thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Re: Hello :D

Post by thePWA »

CaliGirl94 wrote:Actually it's not just the guy's hairs that look chopped off, it actually applies to everyone with long hair lol . And nvm , I don't think it's the clothes glitching , I think it's just the hairs wrapped around parts of the body .

And wow , how did you fix them Dazzy ?
This is probably way over your current skill level, better leave it to the DW experts.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
CaliGirl94

Post by CaliGirl94 »

Are you sure cuz I was looking at one of the girls and her ponytail was gone and it looked like it was kinda wrapped on her shoe lmao
CaliGirl94

Post by CaliGirl94 »

thePWA wrote:
CaliGirl94 wrote:Actually it's not just the guy's hairs that look chopped off, it actually applies to everyone with long hair lol . And nvm , I don't think it's the clothes glitching , I think it's just the hairs wrapped around parts of the body .

And wow , how did you fix them Dazzy ?
This is probably way over your current skill level, better leave it to the DW experts.
Yes it is but doesn't mean I won't try just cuz it's complicated
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

There are some models that have their hair pieces on the floor yes, but that doesn't happen for all of the models. Cloth is still messed up even if there is hair on the floor lol.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
CaliGirl94

Post by CaliGirl94 »

Yeah it glitches for both the hair and clothes lol . Hey if we put the textures in the same folder as the obj files , will the textures load on the model in Noesis ? I loaded one of the models on Blender and my goodness , they are soooo humongous ! Hahaha . Just wondering , do you use Blender to create and UV map the messed up hair/clothes ?
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Putting textures in the same folder won't make the model show textures, they will only show if the obj has an mtl file along with it that references the textures.
And yes, I use Blender :P
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

save a blank blend file with model and texture in same directory, then blender will auto-load the textures. but yeah, parts need to be moved, cloth and hair often need to be fixed. the guys who port these dw models, dazzy and angela, are really good and well experienced at fixing models. it takes a little time.

btw for dw8, don't port anything. pori told me about the bones. pori told me about a month ago some skeletons didn't load for the dlc for that one game... ken something... so i made some changes and while it fixed ken, it seriously fucked everything else up lmao. need a couple days to fix.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

btw i have a simple filelist for dw8 empires. lots of customization parts! going to have sone fun with these lol!
CaliGirl94

Post by CaliGirl94 »

Ewww lmao I put the textures along with one of the model's folder to see how it would look and he's all transparent and the textures are in all the wrong places hahaha .
CaliGirl94

Post by CaliGirl94 »

Oh ok haha . For the mean time , I'll have lots of fun trying to figure out which model is which lol