Ninja Ripper not ripping in T-poses?

Discussion about ripping models and other assets from video games.

Moderators: Runa, Love2Raid, semory

trexjones

Ninja Ripper not ripping in T-poses?

Post by trexjones »

Has anyone else ever come across this with Ninja Ripper? Every other game I've ripped from it's taken the game models out in their default poses and often jumbles up scenery because of how it's obviously put together, but I got my hands on a copy of Quantum of Solace last night hoping to pull Mads and Olga out, but when I go to import the meshes into 3DSMax, it basically compiles the whole level exactly as I captured it, characters in motion and everything. Has anyone ever experienced this or know how I might be able to get around it? I was half hoping someone might've pulled some sort of sneaky programming manoeuvre and managed to come up with an extractor given it's a slightly modified IW Engine, similar to the IW CoD games...

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. On the plus side, I do have a surprisingly good rip of Mads'/Le Chiffre's head if anyone's up for rigging!
ellegirl01

Re: Ninja Ripper not ripping in T-poses?

Post by ellegirl01 »

I have never gotten a T/Y/A pose model using Ninja Ripper; it always gives me models just the way they appear, too.

I assumed it couldn't be done, so I hope for all our sakes that I'm dead wrong.
trexjones

Post by trexjones »

What games have you tried ripping from? I've tried Ghostbusters recently and that works, and Alien Isolation is the same. Though the textures are all a funny colour now when I do Isolation...
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

I think it just depends on the game you are extracting from, some games allow T-Posed rips, some don't.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

I once managed to rip models in a T-Pose from a game that would usually rip them in a pose, but that required some hex editing, so it's not really the best solution (mostly because chances are that the files are heavily encrypted so Hex Editing would be harder)
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here