I wanna try something...

Discussion about ripping models and other assets from video games.

Moderators: Runa, Love2Raid, semory

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Re: I wanna try something...

Post by Dazzy »

omgomgomgomgomgomg. Steve. Your so epic! What do you mean by reconstruct btw?
Face and hair meshes are in different files, there are files for Costumes "KASUMI_COS_001.TMC" files for faces "KASUMI_FACE.TMC" and files for hair "KASUMI_HAIR_001.TMC" so the bones would be stored in them ones. I can send you a face and hair sample and a few more if you need to test your discovery even more :)
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

TRDaz wrote:omgomgomgomgomgomg. Steve. Your so epic! What do you mean by reconstruct btw?
Face and hair meshes are in different files, there are files for Costumes "KASUMI_COS_001.TMC" files for faces "KASUMI_FACE.TMC" and files for hair "KASUMI_HAIR_001.TMC" so the bones would be stored in them ones. I can send you a face and hair sample and a few more if you need to test your discovery even more :)
Just as I thought. :) BTW do they have weights already? If so that would be awesome!
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

No weights on the original models afaik lol, I think Steve would have to find out how to get weights too xD
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

TRDaz wrote:No weights on the original models afaik lol, I think Steve would have to find out how to get weights too xD
Ah so they're just obj files eh? Hmmm... only thing I find odd about the bones is that they're really T-posed while the models you extracted are in some sort of weird T-like pose where the hands are about 45 degrees in the Z axis and the legs are about 30-35 degrees. It'd be fun trying to get things to line up. :lol:

semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

Exactly guys. Chroxx didn't do weights and he already started working on something else so looks like he isn't planning on updating it anymore.
Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

iheartibuki wrote:
TRDaz wrote:No weights on the original models afaik lol, I think Steve would have to find out how to get weights too xD
Ah so they're just obj files eh? Hmmm... only thing I find odd about the bones is that they're really T-posed while the models you extracted are in some sort of weird T-like pose where the hands are about 45 degrees in the Z axis and the legs are about 30-35 degrees. It'd be fun trying to get things to line up. :lol:
Yep. I forgot about that. Watdafuq? How the hell are the bones in T-Posed while the models are sorta A-Posed :lol:
semory wrote:Exactly guys. Chroxx didn't do weights and he already started working on something else so looks like he isn't planning on updating it anymore.
Ahh, I thought he might do that xD Would you be able to continue it by any chance? I would love to get these in OGBs, ill have to rig em all and fix all the weights all the time lolz xD
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

^ Maybe Steven and I should settle the answer to that question the old-fashioned way: play a few TTT2 sets online, best of 7! If I win, he tries to extract the bone weights from DOA5, if he wins, he gets to make me do something (I dunno, I port a few models that he wants, or I pose a few characters or maybe send him some bones, etc.)!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

^ DO ITTT!! And I expect you to win ;_; xD
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

I haven't bought the game yet. Is it coop/online?
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

semory wrote:I haven't bought the game yet. Is it coop/online?
Yessir! You have a better chance of winning against me though because it's mashy, LOL! I read online is a bit wacky right now (not really along the lines of TTT2) but Team Ninja is going to issue a fix to improve it.