wrong names in ps3 eboot

Discussion about ripping models and other assets from video games.

Moderators: Runa, Love2Raid, semory

rballad
Custom Rank: Om Donal

wrong names in ps3 eboot

Post by rballad »

well ,after succesfully extracting models from several games, I encountoured a problem. I recently extracted a ps3 game files from its .PKG files (shin hokuto musou) using an .PKG extractor. I then managed to extract the model files using Chrox's quickbms script. Problem is Noesis can't view the models. A person in xentax also had the same problem, and Chrox said it was because wrong names in PS3 Eboot (unfortunately Chroxx didn't tell how to fix it). I do think in the future i might have the same problem with different games. So, does any of you know where the problem lies and to fix it.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: wrong names in ps3 eboot

Post by semory »

nope, you should ask chrrox about it, analyzing eboots is beyond me (looking at any kind of machine code, let alone PS3 cell processor code, is not very fun and definitely not worth it just to get filenames). he's probably just missing a little something in his quickbms script. he is the best guy for that stuff (i just like to make you guys suffer and name stuff like 000.bin, 001.bin, 002.bin lol :P).
rballad
Custom Rank: Om Donal

Re: wrong names in ps3 eboot

Post by rballad »

semory wrote:nope, you should ask chrrox about it, analyzing eboots is beyond me (looking at any kind of machine code, let alone PS3 cell processor code, is not very fun and definitely not worth it just to get filenames). he's probably just missing a little something in his quickbms script. he is the best guy for that stuff (i just like to make you guys suffer and name stuff like 000.bin, 001.bin, 002.bin lol :P).
That's too bad. I don't have xentax account so i can't contaxt chroxx. Can you perhaps ask Chroxx about this, when you visit Xentax?