Devil's Third

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Devil's Third

Post by MisterHentai »

Looks like this game really is a Nintendo Wii U exclusive now. :o

Itagaki must be a fan of Platinum Games' stuff then considering this game has a mixture of different mechanics and feels very MadWorld-esque.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Re: Devil's Third

Post by iheartibuki »

Ah so this game is finally coming out. :D Been reading about this, just didn't know what it was about til now lol.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

riccochet
Porter
Custom Rank: Low Poly Porter

Post by riccochet »

But dammit... why WiiU... first they steal my Bayo now they steal my Itagaki. :runcry:
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

It's as if Itagaki is mimicking the Platinum Games approach. :lol:

I mean Platinum Games are comprised of very significant ex-Capcom/Clover people, they started on the Wii with an exclusive and from then on, went to become quite a successful studio with critical acclaim for the action genre. They have Hideki Kamiya i.e. original Devil May Cry and then Bayonetta, that alone says enough.

Itagaki himself is pretty well known too since his Tecmo days, after having done the Dead or Alive series and then the modern Ninja Gaiden games. Since it is now him and a couple of ex-Team Ninja people, perhaps they want the same success for their Valhalla Game Studios too.

Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden were practically the pinnacle of Japanese action games (OTT action, responsive 60fps gameplay), until Bayonetta came along and upped the ante there.

Kamiya and Itagaki are like two sides of the same coin on this genre, so it will be interesting to see how it all comes out.

So good luck to Itagaki.
Last edited by MisterHentai on Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Wow,

I did not expect to see the exclusivity happen like that. It's good to see the Wii U get a good exclusive, but it sucks that it was one of the few unique titles I had on my radar. :okay:
king.neko212
Porter
Custom Rank: Why?

Post by king.neko212 »

This game looks good :oh: :oh:

but can we only play as Itagki :okay: ?

no gorls?