Tekken 7

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

riccochet
Porter
Custom Rank: Low Poly Porter

Re: Tekken 7

Post by riccochet »

Tttttt...trailer!
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Pretty underwelming but storyline wise, "Final Battle" huh? :snathink:

And what's this now... Grandma "Mishima". :LOL:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

maybe this sounds crazy but from that trailer what if they pull a soul calibur but instead of going into the future the game story went into the past.
retrospect TEKKEN! explain the origins of the Mishima family and the demon blood that runs inside them.

young heihachi, jinpachi, kazuya, heihachi's wife and all new cast of characters that are somewhat predecessors of current character?
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

Then it wouldn't be a "Final Battle", now would it? :LOL:

Unless that was used figuratively and they are gonna pull smt out of their ass :pi:
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

maybe final battle between some major family feud in the past :lol:
riccochet
Porter
Custom Rank: Low Poly Porter

Post by riccochet »

I'm kinda hoping they go for a story mode the way MK did it.
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

LOL, that whole thing with Harada leaving Vegas early was a stunt. :P He posted afterwards a pic of a plane that did a 180 and told everyone he forgot to do something. :lol: He said on the EVO stage that he was slated to reveal something else that day (I'm guessing either officially revealing Rise of the Incarnates or Tekken X Street Fighter) but since T7 was already leaked and he didn't have anything to present for that, he had to run back to his hotel and put something together (which I think is BS tbh). Regardless I'm happy with this announcement both as a Tekken fan and player, looking forward to some mechanics that would lower the barrier of entry a bit as well as make the game fun to play. I'm really hoping that since they're moving to UE4, we will see a PC release.

As far as storyline goes, Tekken has not gone back in time in terms of storyline so I'm assuming this will be an aftermath of the events of Tekken 6 with some retrospective elements that would culminate in a final battle amongst the Mishima family members. It is possible that this is gonna be the end of the series although visiting the events of the past might open the doors to a Tekken "Alpha"/"Zero" sort of thing where they go back in time, perhaps to explore Heihachi's past when he was young.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

I mean if Tekken 5 bought Jinpachi to the mix (Which in itself made it more ridiculous), then this will be no different if "Mishima Waifu/Mama/Whatever Female" debuts and adds more fire to the family troubles too. :lol:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

I'm not sure it's been mentioned here but I noticed a darker, more serious tone in terms of storyline in the teaser. I actually like that direction and hopefully with Harada being ok with reducing the roster size of the game to around 40 (read it somewhere, don't remember where though), they will get rid of the animals first and many of the clones (except of course, for the Mishimas as they are central to the story). But knowing Harada and Kuma being his equivalent of Blanka to Ono I don't think Kuma and Panda will be gone any time soon. :lol:
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

I'll give it benefit of the doubt if they can up the ante a bit visually via UE4. :)