Tekken 7

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: Tekken 7

Post by MisterHentai »

Much Proportions. :LOL:

Xiaoyu's legs needs to be bare. HMPH! :dats:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

So are these new default costumes or they are unlockables

heres hoping for the former one
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

I'm hoping they are new defaults. The current ones are getting a bit long in the tooth. And I'm sure you'll also have the usual unlockables.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

fatslacker
Custom Rank: Noobster

Post by fatslacker »

If those are gonna be the defaults then it's borderline animesque just like SF IMHO. I mean what's with the huge bellowing frills on Lili's costumes? Leo looks like Woojin from Archeblade.
Unpersoned
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

so... my guess is that Satsui No Hadou came from the devil gene and Mrs. Mishima gave it Akuma, hence the "Akuma pays his debt" part? or it might be the other way around.

still im loving this development, one thing i love about japanese devs are that they welcome working with each other instead of senseless rivalries :LOL:
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

My guess is NUCURR! :LOL:

I'm still on the thought that it's just a individualised story to justified his existence in the Tekken universe. In other words, a canon non-canon :LOL: , just like the huge majority of every other fighting game character's story in whatever game they are from. Some characters are part of a main consistent story and some are not. It's how it's always been.

(Have people forgotten about Ezio in SCV? He's also on the game's cover! Hell even the Star Wars characters in SCIV! So it's basically the same thing. A bit of emphasis on marketing were on these too.)

Also on a funny thought. Ever since Akuma was introduced in the SF mythos since SSFIIT, he's practically been in almost every fighting game Capcom has produced since then, whether it's a mainline SF entry or spinoff i.e. like the VS series of games. So to have him appear in another fighting game series, and by a different company, it kind of keeps within that tradition where he can appear anywhere. :lol:

Imagine instead of Ryu, it was Akuma in Smash Bros instead! :LOL:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

NUCURR Ezio! this is Akuma were taling about :LOL:

i hope he is as canon as canon can be, it would be awesome. also it would be the perfect setup for Tekken X Street Fighter, this game would the the point to link both of the universe 8-)
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

I think this guess character approach is a much better way to test the waters. I think if Capcom had done that too perhaps SFxT may not have been such a disaster. It helps build people up to an idea rather than immediately dumping an idea that fans weren't looking for to begin with.

This time people are still expecting TxSF, but at least it will help lay the foundation for how the 2D characters will play.
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Hey Proto, both approaches have pros and cons. The Namco approach obviously means people from the West will have to keep waiting and salivating to play the games for a longer while while folks in Asia get better at the game because of the game's immediate availability in the arcades. You do get a better, more polished game but of course, the length of wait can be a hype killer, as is the case with me. I think Capcom has learned a lot from its screw ups in the most recent years. I really like the approach it is taking with SFV in terms of holding beta tests and making the netcode and matchmaking services top priority along with game balance. I have to say as somebody who played the first beta test on PC a couple of months ago, I was really impressed by the lack of lag even while playing on wifi! :LOL:

Anyway, here are more screen caps on Facebook. I really love Xiao's new costume which makes me wanna learn her now. But of course, she's a very complex character with lots of complex moves. :lol:

EDIT: Notice the eye and lip reflections!? :o They are watching us! :LOL:
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Valid points, guess I wasn't evaluating from a competitive stand point as much as content/mechanical.

I've pretty much thrown in the towel for my days in the competitive scene :okay: