Tekken 7

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Re: Tekken 7

Post by iheartibuki »

:LOL:
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

Some stuff from the loke test (basically webcopy news from everywhere :LOL:):

His name is apparently Claudio. Not sure I dig this guy, sure doesn't look like he belongs to Tekken, more like Soul Calibur (uh, hello Maxi!) or Final Fantasy, LOL!

So her name is Katarina, not Catalina... reminds me of "Victoly!" in Samsho 3 :lol:

Some notes from Eventhubs, courtesy of Flying Wonkey:

Tekken 7 location test details

ÔÇó The camera in Tekken 7 is a bit more zoomed out from the characters, compared to Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

ÔÇó Bounds still exist in this game, but there are many attacks that used to bound in TTT2 that no longer do.

ÔÇó Alisa's B+3+4,3+4 no longer bounds, but her u/f+4,4 still does.

ÔÇó Kazuya has a new attack for b+4 in Tekken 7. The new attack apparently looks like Devil Jin's b+4. Kazuya's f+4 no longer bounds.

ÔÇó More hit sparks appear on screen when you score a counter-hit, making them more recognizable.

ÔÇó Xiaoyu's hair is longer.

ÔÇó Looks like the rage component is now a "super" like what's in Soul Calibur 5 (don't like):

ÔÇó Tekken 7 is reportedly running on a windows PC inside a cabinet.

Some more poster(?) pics:

Here's the guaranteed roster for the game, I'm sure there are more to follow:

Lots of art work are reused assets but they're most likely placeholders. I would be disappointed (but not surprised) if Bamco does not up the ante on the 3D model department (I'm sure they've seen the DOA5 models floating around on dA and here). However, I am liking Kazuya's long coat, hopefully it's not just a reused costume from Tekken 6 Jin.

More news to follow later on.

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

:LOL:

I was just reading the Eventhubs article too.

Other than some pretty nice subtile effects and lightning so far, I hope the graphics improve alot more, because aesthetically, not really a huge leap. It just looks like standard Tekken. Though I will say that currently, it's nice that they've managed to retain their familar style on the Unreal Engine.

I guess we are at the stage where it's just more about better image fidelity and quality, which itself applies to many other games these days too.

It's probably going to be a long time till we see another major significant jump shift in 3D graphics, like it was from the classic 1990's style to 2000's PS2-onwards era. That magic and feeling you get when you saw something like Soulcalibur Arcade to Dreamcast. :runcry:

Oh and I hope they can at least make the "lazy susan" infinite area stages look like it's not stuck in the past. :LOL:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

Yep, I'm sure it will look better in the final release. If I remember correctly Tekken 6 did not look better than Tekken 5 either during some of the earlier location tests. I guess that's why apparently cameras are not allowed it's because people might get the impression that the game is gonna look like what you see in the videos. Assuming this is the final look they might as well put it on the previous gen consoles.

But yes, I like the UE4 translation of their old engine (quite frankly they should probably refine those old ass animations dating back from the very first Tekken :roll:), not a fan of "super" moves in Tekken but I'll probably learn to accept it since it may potentially come out on Steam. Like I said though, I wouldn't be surprised if Bamco takes the Capcom route of recycling assets because technically speaking, you can still take the models from T6 or TTT2 and make them look better in T7 by giving the models new textures, new effects, etc. But, in order for it to be next gen, the characters have to look better, obviously, but I'll reserve my judgement for later.

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Well since it is UE4, that rules out a PS3 & 360 version any way since they wouldn't be able to run it.

It's understandable why they wanted to use it though since it makes cross-compatible performance on for PS4 & XBO much easier, and of course PC if they ever bother.

I also wonder what kind of specs their new arcade hardware will have to be once the game is finalised. The Namco System 357/359 that they used for T6/TTT2 was basically just a PS3, and given their history of also using PS1 & PS2 hardware in the past too, most likely so they'll just follow suit and base off the PS4 next.

Still some ways off yet so I hope it at least gets better. Otherwise it will have to be Tekken 8 then, or...... if they gonan surprise us, a completely new fighting IP. :LOL:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

True, though from the way the graphics look now even with crappy vids you can easily tell that they don't look next gen at all. I hope they do bother with PC though, as noted above from Flying Wonkey it appears the cabs are basically PCs running the game. If it does come out on PC (I'm hoping they have intentions of releasing the game on Steam as they could've just used their own engine and release it on PS4 and XBO) I just hope my 2-3 year old machine by then will still be up to snuff. :sweat: If not then either I get a new machine, or just get the PS4 version, or maybe both!

It does make sense for them to put the game on PS4 hardware though since the game will most likely be for PS4 and XBO, and I'm sure they'll do the same thing they did with TTT2 on the 360 with the XBO version. Dunno about Tekken 8, they would probably give it some other title since Bamco said 7 is the last game in the current series and any Tekken (my speculation) moving forward will be a reboot.

Other things I noticed from videos:

* Backpedaling is more akin to Tekken Revolution, haven't seen the moving forward motion though. Harada said he is considering making the movement in Tekken easier for beginners.. I don't mind making the walkspeed a bit faster, but I hope they keep the backdash cancel mechanic as a way to quickly avoid your opponent's attacks.

* Some of the bound moves are gone (I personally like bound) but if this gets more people playing the game, then I'm all for it. There are still some bounds but it seems like you have really chase your opponent now in order to get extra hits.

* Some of the slow motion effects from power moves or rage resemble shadow moves (is that what they're called) from Killer Instinct. :P

Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

iheartibuki wrote: Image
that is definitely the worst character design in Tekken history ever. i thought Lars was bad but this takes the cake this time. and Catalina as well...ughh. those rejected characters they unveiled last time were far better than these. like that female Mishima soldier :LOL:

still, im glad that most of our beloved casts will be making a comeback. unlike Soul Calibur. and that hit spark looks so cool this time around. might not be visible much since its off screen but i can see how much the graphics improved as well. so excited for this one.
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

Meh, I thought that Katarina chick looked better than that slutty Tekken female soldier. :P Lars kinda looks like this guy, maybe when their T7 models get ported somebody should make a yaoi dedicated group for those two on dA. :LOL:

BTW, don't get your hopes up too much on character roster. Harada said he's cutting the cast numbers to something around 40 or less to make it easier for players to learn match ups. The hitsparks as they are right now are really distracting, I'd say cut back on that because I can't even see some of the moves they're covering.

RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

ugh I hoped for new 1P/2P costumes for T7 :/

And omg Claudio. I literally thought they added a character from Dynasty Warriors into T7 :lol:

He looks so stupid I cant
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Meh, I would have wanted some variety with new costumes and such, seen those costumes so many times lol.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.