Shenmue

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: Shenmue

Post by MisterHentai »

Well I did say "clunky" right? :LOL:

And yeah you actually had to control Ryo using the d-pad so that will explain why. The Saturn's legacy had a part in that too.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

:LOL:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah the Mega64 guys are awesome since they are able to do skits with high profile people. Kojima as another example.
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
riccochet
Porter
Custom Rank: Low Poly Porter

Post by riccochet »

Anyone else remember that online Shenmue game?

I really hope Joy returns for this game.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah I only saw gameplay videos of it, and it was so long ago too. That, and the mobile game. If I recall, it was like China or Taiwan only since they were developed there.

Certainly was an interesting idea to expand the universe and towney aspect of it, but meh.... :pi:
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

desk (Of Street Fighter IV combo/execution video fame) with a small tribute and remix of one of my favourite pieces of music in the game. :lol:

The track is for free from his bandcamp. And if you are interested in his other works, comes as no surprise he is also a massive Sega fan himself due to the retro inspiration and sounds.

Omake...

Dank Buttsen

DevilPogoStick
Custom Rank: New Guy

Post by DevilPogoStick »

Ah yeah, I recalled Shenmue. Played the first on Dreamcast when it came out, had fond memories.

Course, I spent my time playing the 70 man battle, and did an entire run where I did nothing but counterattacks.

Sure it killed my time, but countering and one shotting mooks soon afterwards was just too enjoyable to care for that. XD
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Not only was the 70 man battle full of awesome, but I rather play that all over than having to fight Chai. :lol:
Dank Buttsen

DevilPogoStick
Custom Rank: New Guy

Post by DevilPogoStick »

MisterHentai wrote:Not only was the 70 man battle full of awesome, but I rather play that all over than having to fight Chai. :lol:
Hoho, Chai...I remember just how random he was the first time he appears.

But yes, the 70 Man battle I prefer over him...He was tough. :(
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

The tactics against him are pretty simple i.e. block and use low kicks, but the cramped space of the first encounter still annoys me since he reacts too fast at times.
Dank Buttsen