Shenmue

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

DevilPogoStick
Custom Rank: New Guy

Re: Shenmue

Post by DevilPogoStick »

Yeah, what I did against him eventually was keep pressing the block/dodge button, and then counter....It works really well. XD
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Less than 24 hours to go for the Kickstarter to end.

Unless there is a massive miracle, I highly doubt it will reach higher for them to have the complete expansion that they intended i.e. around the 10 mill mark. :(

:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

With under 2 hours to go and already it has passed $6 million, beating Bloodstained as the most funded videogame in Kickstarter history. :o
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

If a fan can make this using the UE4 engine, then Yu Suzuki (Who personally liked this too!) and his team better start to get working on the game then. :o

And here is an even earlier effort.

The Ryo model also happens to be a modified version of the one from Sanic Lacing too. :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

DevilPogoStick
Custom Rank: New Guy

Post by DevilPogoStick »

Well, I gotta say...That was pretty impressive. O_O
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Looks like Shenmue III is doing another crowd sourcing campaign, Slacker Backers, which will add to what it already accumulated from Kickstarter.

Do note that the game was already guaranteed from Kickstarter, and so this is just another chance for those who missed out and with a longer duration. Whether or not you agree or disagree to this method, but post-Kickstarter extra crowd fundings do tend to be more common now. :pi:

Q. Why do another campaign? Does the game need more money?

A. This additional campaign comes as a response to all of the requests we have received asking for another opportunity to participate in the making of Shenmue III because either of a lack of payment options on Kickstarter, or just not having a chance to pledge before the campaign ended.

While the full game will be completed as promised with the use of the funding collected on Kickstarter, any additional funding collected here will go towards reaching the Stretch Goals to make the game even bigger and deeper.
Dank Buttsen

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

I actually missed out on backing up the game on Kickstarter, so I guess this is a wonderful opportunity for me to support the game. I don't see anything wrong with it from a "first time" supporter's POV, however as with the risk with crowdfunding there are legitimate concerns over actually getting the rewards you supported the campaign for. Mighty No. 9 is already late (release was supposed to be Spring 2015), but at least the organizers are keeping everyone up to date as to what's going on. I didn't get to play the beta before but I will definitely not miss out on the next one.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah I'm seeing a lot of flak for this, but then Star Citizen and Broken Age would also like to say :hi: to that as well.

Those less informed people need to realise that Kickstarter is only just one service and venue, and there are plenty other crowd funding sources out there. Sometimes even by their own methods as the above mentioned games are an example.
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Official website for the game has recently been updated along with some new ingame footage.

Much house. :LOL:
Dank Buttsen