General JRPG Talk Thread

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

king.neko212
Porter
Custom Rank: Why?

Re: General JRPG Talk Thread

Post by king.neko212 »

OOOOH MY GOOOSHH GRANBLUEEEEE!!!!!!!!! OMGGG <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I PLAY THIS ON THE PHONE IM SO OBSESSSEDD OMG I CANT BELIEVE ITS HERE :o MY WAIFU FERRY!!!!!!! :o

IM SHOOK
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Just bought Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir since it's on sale on EU PSN for all three versions. I got the PS3 one.

Right off the start, the combat in Refined Mode is so much easier though does make it feel very simple and mashy. Stages and even the menus have some changes as well which might take getting used to if you are more familiar with the original game, which obviously is also included.

Listening to some of the new remixed music for Leifthrasir/Refined Mode only, I can definitely say I much prefer the original, many of which does still gets used, but alot of the more important tracks use the newer version. The new music is fully orchestral and powerful sounding, but also slower paced and some of which sounds so different I can't even recognise them anymore. For me it's more like music you'd rather chill out and listen to (Like how most "arranged" soundtracks would be) rather than being in the actual game. I personally feel the original music keeps the "videogame sound" and also has melodies far more recognisable to set the mood for the different locations you are in.

The only new one I like is this one for the Ringford area.

Here's the original.

Whilst the new version sounds more powerful and atmospheric especially with the ambient nature and vocals, I still prefer the cheeky and prancey melody in the original. :lol:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Whether or not Valkyria: Azure Revolution will turn out to be good since all the previews lately aren't exactly putting it in a great light (It just doesn't feel "Valkyria" anymore), but dat voice cast though. :oh:

-Amleth Glenkaer (voiced by Daisuke Ono)
-Ophelia A. Jutland (voiced by Saori Hayami)
-Basil Sabanci (voiced by Yuki Kaiji)
-Suleyman Kahlenberg (voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya)
-Violette Szand (voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro)
-Fleet Eriksen (voiced by Takahiro Sakurai)
-Claudius Powlovich Kiev (voiced by Tsutomu Isobe)
-Brunhild (voiced by Maaya Sakamoto)
-Maxim (voiced by Kenichi Suzumura)
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Bluej97
Porter
Custom Rank: Porter

Post by Bluej97 »

does this fit here?

"FRESSHU BAKED DESU CHAN STIXXXLUV EXXXCLUSIVE PREORDER NOW!"
-RoXXXeh-
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

:no: Mobile! HMPH! :snarage:

BRUWEH! :runcry:

It's kind of depressing when parts of it look better than SO4 and even SO5. :runcry: :facepalm:
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Lost Odyssey is completely free for a limited time for all and any Xbawx owner. :LOL:

Comes in at 16GB.

This particular game and at this time of year? :mis: :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Sega's gyaru version of Milla Maxwell. :snalick: :LOL:

And her name is :sadserah: Banner. :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Been listening to alot of the Xenoblade Chronicles X soundtrack lately and it just makes me wish Hiroyuki Sawano could compose for more JRPGs or just videogames in general. His signature sound and style is just fitting for any epic grand adventure.

I always thought some of his vocal tracks in the various anime he's composed via Mika Kobayashi or Cyua, along with some of the pop and rock sound, has a very similar tone to what some of Shoji Meguro has for the recent Persona games. Boy it would be a awesome dream collaboration if they worked together. Persona already has it's Engrish vocals, why not inject some Sawano-esque Germanese. :LOL: :mis:
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

This week has been interesting.

We have Hideo Baba, former producer of the Tales of games for the past decade, jumping ship to SE, heading a new studio, Studio Istolia, and their Project Prelude Rune, which just looks to have Tales elements in it. :LOL:

There is also Star Ocean: Till the End of Time DirectorÔÇÖs Cut coming out digitally for the PS4. :o

And Dragon Quest Heroes II is also coming to Steam this 25th April. :o
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Dragon Quest with more bronde waifus. :dats:

Veronica and Senya.

Senya may give Bianca some competition. :mis: :LOL:
Dank Buttsen