So..... dat 2015 eh?

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

So..... dat 2015 eh?

Post by MisterHentai »

:LOL:

After the mess that 2014 bought us, what do you think of 2015?

:snathink:

Personally for me, the emphasis on Pre-order bonus enticing BS especially for what feels like unfinished games and of course, microtransactions!

Even though these already existed before, I felt this year has been the most obnoixous in the way they've been implemented, and just seeing the poor state of how the "AAA" videogame business has progressed is saddening. :facepalm: :snarage:

And to add to that, another would be the reliance on "Remasters". :pi:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Re: So..... dat 2015 eh?

Post by Vonman »

well this year was the year of promises in gaming, and only a few of them were fulfilled.
games that i was so hyped for didnt deliver :feel:
(looking at you, Battlefront and MGSV)

still im happy i could at least get the Witcher 3 out of it :LOL:

next year will be the return of Fighting games so there goes my hype-o-meter again.

KOF, SFV and Tekken 7 and... -WHAT THE FUCK!? TEKKEN 7 STORY NOW TIES IN WITH STREET FIGHTER HOLY SHIT! :o :o :o :o
cant wait to see the final duel with Akuma and Heihachi!
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

Yeah I like this year more then I liked the last one.
one of the reasons for me would be the "revival" of Rock Band/Guitar Hero, even if they're not as good as I would like them to be :pi:
Not to mention there were games like Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Fallout 4 and some others which are really good and I would really like to play :efel:
But ofc there's stuff like how Konami and SJWs fucked over everyone in more places than one :rage:

But still, this year was much better than the previous one :LOL: :LOL:
MisterHentai, from the previous year's thread wrote:So since 2014 is unanimously, Year of Ubisoft, and 2013 to an extend was EA (Battlefield 4, SimCity), who will take 2015 for brokenness? Activision? :LOL:
*Konami

:LOL:

Altho it's more for general assholeness rather than brokenness lol
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
Dygoboy
Custom Rank: Evolved

Post by Dygoboy »

This year on my opinion has been a great year for gaming.
With amazing games like like the Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid the Phantom Pain (F$# u Konami),Fallout 4 ect..
Nothing
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Amazing as some of the new games were this year, even they had and still suffer from some :facepalm: problems.

And yeah, the legacy of Gamergate and all the SJW issues still persist this year and getting more vocal as time goes by.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

There have been some highlight exceptions this year, but I think overall I get more ticked off with the state of the industry. Witcher 3 being the only real highlight. DOA5 for PC/PS4 isn't anything earth shattering since it's a stage 2 upgrade and mixed in its feature set and irrelevant to the primary gaming masses.

I feel that pre-order nonsense has calmed down, but it has been replaced with more nefarious crap such as the increase in microtransactions, free to play models, online only models, irritating grind fests in games that normally did not have them and of course SJW pandering.

I have a few things to look forward to in 2016 like XCOM 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, additional StarCraft II content, and 'maybe' Street Fighter V but none of those are even striking any of the 'gotta have, can't wait' chords. At this point I feel like 2008-2012 was the climax for me in AAA gaming and at this point I'm just working on preserving those experiences. I can't believe its been 3 years already since the initial release of XCOM & DOA5... I've hardly bought anything beyond expansions and remasters since then....

I really need that Fresh Prince clip.... "Where the video games!?!" :LOL:
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

lol just remembered, where da heck is Persona 5??

I remember the very first trailer saying it's gonna come this month or something, but now it's postponed till next year :LOL:

I also have a couple of games to look out for in 2016, mainly the new Deus Ex, ROTTR, T7, some other games I can't remember atm, and of course, FFVsXIII and KH3 :oh:

I really do hope I'll be able to play KH3 before dat World War III breaks out if you know what im sayin lmao
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
Bluej97
Porter
Custom Rank: Porter

Post by Bluej97 »

RoxasKennedy wrote:lol just remembered, where da heck is Persona 5??

I remember the very first trailer saying it's gonna come this month or something, but now it's postponed till next year :LOL:

I also have a couple of games to look out for in 2016, mainly the new Deus Ex, ROTTR, T7, some other games I can't remember atm, and of course, FFVsXIII and KH3 :oh:

I really do hope I'll be able to play KH3 before dat World War III breaks out if you know what im sayin lmao
with ff7 out there too kh3 will be released on 2020 :ggl:
"FRESSHU BAKED DESU CHAN STIXXXLUV EXXXCLUSIVE PREORDER NOW!"
-RoXXXeh-