Saints Row the Third... worth buying?

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Saints Row the Third... worth buying?

Post by thePWA »

I used to buy games because I enjoy playing them but now I also factor in if the game assets can be extracted so I guess I'm asking... would I enjoy playing Saints Row the Third and would the game be extractable?
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: Saints Row the Third... worth buying?

Post by semory »

I wrote a character extractor for it a while back. Didn't do the static models since the file format for them is different. Vehicles also use another file format as well, so it's like working on three extractors at once. It was a pain in the ass. However, character models and all accessories are extractable. Heads are morphs of base meshes and I never got around to implementing that so heads require manual tweaking.

Rexil ported a couple of the SR3 models; you can check them out and see if you like the quality.

As for the game, I personally didn't like it. I played it for one hour and got pretty bored. Might be better playing it multiplayer though... so if you get it and want to bust some missions... my steam profile is here.
thePWA
Porter

Post by thePWA »

Yeah you cracked that format wide open. Wish I had steam though...

Is it really that boring? I'm seeing posts on facepunch heaping praises for it (but then again... its facepunch). So I guess this one is a no-buy for me. Thanks for the input. :D
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

You never know, you might like it. :) I'm too old and too picky about what games I play. For example, if the game doesn't have coop, it's a no-go for me. I like to play with friends and cuss over voice and drink beers while playing. :lol:
Anx

Post by Anx »

I plan to have a game in advance like booking in a night out or a trip somewhere even if its only planing for later in the night because I made myself busy with other things.
thePWA
Porter

Post by thePWA »

Anx wrote:I plan to have a game in advance like booking in a night out or a trip somewhere even if its only planing for later in the night because I made myself busy with other things.
Ok... er... what just happened?

I really need to lay off on the 20 hour work shifts.
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

lol @ google translate :).
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

I love SR 3rd, its super fun! if its fun youre looking for, theres plenty to be had in this game. However... the story might be confusing, and haphazard at times. In games like GTA, the storyline is knitted together nicely with the missions; as the missions are completed, the story advances. Saints Row on the other hand... it all feels like an introduction to a series of minigames, where the story doesn't seem to fit nicely with what you're doing.

For an example, one minute youre stealing top secret military weapons, and the other youre distributing pamphlets for a pimp... there are often moments where youre wondering "How is this related to the story?" or "Wow this is fun but... Why am I doing this??" :lol:
gadabung

Post by gadabung »

Saints row 1 and 2 were awesome but in my opinion the 3rd game was one big cock joke and I was so excited for it but I couldn't bring myself to even finish the 5th mission.´╗┐ was just too stupid for me...and jonny gat got killed off:(. Saints row 2 even looked better. this was shit :( a big floppy purple piece of shit