Star Wars - General Game Talk Thread

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Star Wars - General Game Talk Thread

Post by MisterHentai »

Forget Star Wars: Buttfront .... :evillaugh:

This is the place to talk about all other Star Wars related games, whether they are good old classics like the X-Wing/Tie Fighter, Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series, or relatively modern examples like the oh-so-awesome-BEST-GAME-EVAH ...... Kinect Star Wars! :LOL:

To start off, one of my favourite arcade classics which I wish got the digital download HD treatment like they did for Daytona USA. :(

Seriously, if EA weren't such assholes for monopolising the Star Wars license, and if Sega had gave a damn, this would've be perfect!

Obviously it is a shorter game because it was arcade only, but the authenticity and atmosphere is still leagues better than what we got with LucasArt's own Star Wars Episode I: Racer for console. :fdat:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
The-JoeBlack
Porter

Re: Star Wars - General Game Talk Thread

Post by The-JoeBlack »

Aww cripes! Now I need to port some podracers :(
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

my fav star wars game will always be battlefront 1 and 2 :feel:
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

The only Star Wars game I had contact with was Jedi Academy, and that was actually quite a long time ago

From what I experienced it was a pretty decent game
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

decent. DECENT. get out.
:LOL:
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

:think:

Knights of the Old Republic
- Not exactly compelling to replay, but hands down best plot twist of all time

Republic Commando
- One of the visually most immersive experiences with it's Metroid style HUD, mechanics a bit moot, but really fun

Jedi Knight
- Probably my first foray into FPS on a PC, the game was decent, but how I played it was so :LOL:

Galactic Battlegrounds
- Up until it's release I probably never invested so much time into a game beside MK or StarCraft, I got so into the map creation and really enjoyed it... Would I revisit it now though :okay: nah

Battlefront I & II (The Real Ones)
- Loved them for their time, and they were fun. Haven't aged well for me and only creating a stabbing pain in my heart having to compare them to what EA does now.
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

Dazzy wrote:decent. DECENT. get out.
bitch stfu I played it like 12 years ago do you honestly think I would call something amazing if I don't even remember playing it

Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Dark Forces to Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast is still teh shit!

Kyle Katarn FTW! :fyea:

You should really give Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight a go only because it was the only one of the series that had good ol' 1990's quairty live-action FMV cutscenes. Jan Ors :dats: (Her actress was actually a model too). And the actor who plays Jerec is the most 90's TV show villian ever! :LOL:

Also, one cannot forget the awesome Rogue Squadron trilogy of games. Still has to me the best space combat of them all. The 2nd game at the time of release of one of the most graphically best GameCube games I had ever seen and even then it still somewhat holds up. Wish there was a HD remaster of this and the 3rd game, but Factor-5 are gone now. :(
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Jan Ors!! wow I forgot about her, her VA was indeed so :oh: :oh: :megusta:

Eh, I don't think I have it in me to play anything retro anymore without having any prior experience to it. I've already opted out of finishing current stuff that I'm not extremely compelled to play. I think Republic Commando is the only game I'd revisit, followed by KOTOR IF I felt like suffering through the rpg mechanics again.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

:yuno:

It's a 1990's FPS game, just "God Mode" to blaze through and enjoy teh Image . :snalick: :LOL:
Dank Buttsen