NiOh (Le Samurai Dank Souls!)

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Re: NiOh (Le Samurai Dank Souls!)

Post by raidergale »

Vonman wrote:so i tried the demo and heres how it goes:

1. arrive on shores
2. pick up a sword
3. takes a few steps forward
4. ran into a hobo samurai
5. he stabbed me once
6. i died
7. begins again
8. ran into the same hobo samurai this time he bought a few others
9. hit me once with hammer
10. i died

wow.... this is... so much fun. thanks team ninja.
Just evade and don't string together too many attacks since you'll run out of stamina really quick :LOL: I'm not a huge fan of Souls-like games but even I managed to survive for a good 30/40 minutes (even though I started the game by trying to mashing combos and realized it just wasn't feasible when I ran out of stamina in 2 swings :lol:)
I think the 3 stances also have different effects, but I haven't really experimented with them :think:
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

sounds like a frustrating game lol
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Not only is using the different stance settings very important, especially for situational surroundings, but notice how the strong or boss enemies have a swirl grey pool radius around them. Don't stay in them for too long or your stamina will not replenish fast enough or at all. Learning to hold charge makes stamina replenishing faster as well. These are mechanics that certainly sets it apart from the usual Soulsborne formula.

Also...

Only the first 30 seconds or so are relevant. :evillaugh: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
raidergale
Porter

Post by raidergale »

Much Ahegao :LOL:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

This is actually looker better and better. :o

In the dark, fantasy action RPG Nioh, players will traverse war-torn Japan as William, a blonde-haired swordsman whose background as a fierce warrior and seasoned knowledge of the blade allows him to survive in the demon-plagued land of the samurai. Players will face off against other samurai in epic sword battles and intense, multi-target engagements offering a level of difficulty that will truly test even the most hardened samuraiÔÇÖs skills, patience, and strategy. Nioh not only incorporates iconic elements from Japanese folklore such as samurai and supernatural creaturesÔÇöthe game also offers the exhilaration of an authentic samurai sword fight straight from Team Ninja. Nioh is guaranteed to challenge players in a way that makes every mission feel earned and their accomplishments worthwhile.
Also a 2nd demo is slated to be released in August.
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Nioh has changed so much from when we first saw the game in 2006. Why did the game evolve into something that looked like a Warriors title to something more like From SoftwareÔÇÖs Souls series?

Fumihiko Yasuda, Director: The game was first announced in 2006 with the concept of a blonde man who becomes a samurai after he arrives in Japan. That concept has not changed, but the gameplay has undergone a lot of changes. At first, we were wondering if we should make it a Warriors games and this was before I joined the project, even before the merger between Koei and Tecmo. At that time, it was to make to make it a Warriors game. After the merger, it was reexamined and we thought about making it like a Ninja Gaiden game, but nothing took root.

Eventually, after Team Ninja took over the project because of my experience with Ninja Gaiden, Team NinjaÔÇÖs hallmark of punishing gameplay and the recent popularity of games like Dark Souls we thought our style of gameplay would be a perfect fit for that audience. Also, the concept of yokai was new and we havenÔÇÖt seen that in an action game before. Those three elements ÔÇô the Ninja Gaiden style brutal gameplay, concept of fighting yokai, and the initial concept of the blonde samurai ÔÇô started to gel together and we finally decided to run with it and that is how it became the game it is today.

Siliconera
And good on them since it's a nice blend of each.
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Next demo will be available from 23rd August to 6th September which will include new weapons, features, new stage and training dojo.

Historical ninja Hanzo Hattori will also act as the main players guide and Ginchiyo Tachibana will also be an ally. :o

Dank Buttsen

raidergale
Porter

Post by raidergale »

Tons of new screenshots on the game's website :yes:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

With the game's worldwide release this week, here is the opening intro.

It ain't no epic Onimusha 3 opening that's for sure, but it does it's job. :LOL:
Dank Buttsen