Overwatch

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Re: Overwatch

Post by Dazzy »

I watched this live on the opening ceremony for Blizzcon. I wasn't that into her look with the first "leaked" screenshot of her but I kinda like it now. I'm excited to see how she actually plays.
Description of her after the short was shown is that she is a stealthy infiltrator that can hack enemy abilities.

Page for Sombra with descriptions and videos on abilities: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/sombra/

There are more maps coming including one called Oasis which is a high tech city that was terraformed in the Arabian desert, aswell as a new Arcade, with multiple modes in it including 1v1 and 3v3. Arcade has an exclusive map called Eco-Point Antarctica which is where Mei was in cryostasis.
Arcade, Eco-Point and Sombra are coming to PTR next week.

Oasis:

Eco-Point Antarctica:

New Oni Genji Skin that can only be gotten by playing 15 games with a friend in Heroes of the Storm... anyone up for it? LOL
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Looks like that Sombra leak months back was true. :pi:

And just like back then, my thoughts are the same. They definitely copied Laura from SFV. :pi:

The Street Fighter to Overwatch character designs and similarities are getting far too close and obvious now. :LOL:

Incase people didn't know, Arnold Tsang, the lead character concept designer of Overwatch used to work for Capcom (Capcom Fighting Evolution) and UDON, so yeah, the legacy there is apparent. You look at the 2D character portrait art of the characters and they retain the same "East & West" style.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

What other similarities are there? Since I haven't played...

I have a lot of UDON's artwork, didn't know he was with Blizzard, but that obviously supports the art style :think:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

You look at the cast of Overwatch, each of their design quirks, bit and part traits of typical caricatures and stereotypes associated with their respective nations, myths, religions etc, they all adhere to the same design mentality and principles that the Street Fighter characters have.

Few examples of the OW/SF similarities.

Tracer, OW's quirky mascot character with her skin tight Daz, she's fast and zips around due to her speed, and is also British. It's pretty obvious some of those traits are exactly what Cammy shares.

Reinhardt, the German tank and knight of heroism and justice. Big man with the heart of gold and loves to flex his stuff. Sounds familiar? Oh right, there's Mr Protect the Russian Skies Muscle Powah himself, Zangief. :lol:

There's a reason why the OW to SFV mods for these two fit perfectly. :lol:

Lucio, the speedy rollerblading healer and DJ. Chill and good attitude, loves music. It's practically Dee Jay! Both are also of African descent living in the Americas hemipshere i.e. Lucio from Brazil, Dee Jay from Jamaica.

And then you have your relative, Zenyatta. This one is simple, its Mecha-Dhalsim! Sure Zenyatta doesn't have long limbs, but his attacks do spread far, and both are the peaceful religious type from the same India origins. Zenyatta with Buddhism, Dhalsim with Hinduism.
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

As soon as I play this character, the bronde skins are mine! :yes: :oh: :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

I love the Cyberpunk skins and the 4th recolour on the top row. Can't wait for the update :oh:
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Geez....... I haven't even played the game since Halloween weekend and on my first game just earlier (Also first time trying Arcade on the No Limit game mode), and I get POTG already? :pi: :fyea: :LOL:

EDIT - Now with 20% Daz Bonus! :yes: :LOL:

Just for Dazzeh. :mis:

Extra bonus. Poxy will be so proud! :LOL: :pi:

Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Much timing especially for this flee-to-pway weekend. :lol:

Join the MASTURRBUTT side. :mis:
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

No it ain't a POTG on the first game of the day, but this time, the last game of the day! :LOL:

And at least it's finarry on this costume. :yes:

Also....

Symmetra getting a redesign to her mechanics. The only character thus far that will have two Ultimates to select from (New one being a shield generator), her teleporter gaining more protection, and her turret deployment will be better. :o

Dank Buttsen

Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

The Symmetra redesign looks awesome, I've seen the gameplay from the PTR and the new movable shield is gonna be very useful.