Overwatch

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Re: Overwatch

Post by Dazzy »

There is hidden voice lines in the PTR files for multiple heroes referencing a new hero (other than Ana) They mention stuff like "Where are you hiding?" and "I can't see you but I know you're there", which could mean it's a stealth hero :think: Sombra means Shadow in Spanish so maybe that means Sombra is gonna be the next?

Also, in Ana's Origin video, there is random codes show twice in the video, once translated they say: "La que tiene la informaci├│n; tiene el poder" which is "Whoever has the power; has the information", before the message though there is the letters "RA", in the second screen with the same message, after the message it says "SOMB". The decryption constant is number 23, which is the amount of heroes there would be when the next hero is released. This basically confirms her to be the next hero.

Blizzard are very smart in hiding this stuff.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Anar is live on PC. :yes: :evillaugh:

I been trying her out for a while on the test server and she is fun. Knowing when and who to use her ultimate on is key i.e. put it on a good Roadhog and they will completely wreck shit. :mis:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Yes I knew since the moment it was released because I was stalking :pi: :LOL:
Should be soon for PS4.. I hope :feel:
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

This is actually really interesting, if for the fact that it shows that the Control game mode maps (At least for this one) are actually one huge thing, and explains why inbetween rounds there is actually no real loading. :o
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

So after not playing this game for over a month :LOL: I made the wonderful decision to dive straight into the Season mode and boy that was a big mistake. :pi:

When you have to do 10 placement games to sort of qualify for it, each taking up a huge chunk of time and when it pairs you up with other n00bs, it is a frustrating experience. All these games I was on the losing end. :snarage:

One thing that is very obvious is how the gameplay dynamic and team composition favours certain characters, Zarya being the most used and effective from my experience.

This is one mode where you seriously need good knowledge and experience of the right characters otherwise it's a lost cause. :okay:
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

So yeah, got my points placement starting at 35 ..... in the many hours I been playing since then, it dropped down to 32 and then has been a constant tug of war between 32-34.

Always matched up with morons who cannot adapt or refuse to switch to the proper characters when times are needed.

"Frustrating" isn't enough to describe the amount of BS to deal with in Competitive mode. If people leave during the match, then you are forced to play unfair games, and quite honestly the penalties and systems in place for them don't sound like enough to deter these idiots. :fdat:

On the bright side though, it has forced me to learn Daz.Va and coinciding with the buffs she had in recent patches, she is one of the most viable and useful tanks for this mode. Paired up with Zarya or a good healer like Mercy/Ana to give buffs, she just wrecks in good situations.

Dank Buttsen

king.neko212
Porter
Custom Rank: Why?

Post by king.neko212 »

u should call her :hole: .va cus shes my main :okay:

SLAY THO OMFG

ever since the new update iv been getting a lot of game of the plays and what not :LOL:

competitive is not for me tbh :fdat: heck i still didnt even get a rank :LOL:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah you have to really commit to it if you want to play Competitive, especially during the first 10 games to determine your ranking, with each game depending on how well or badly it goes, can last for a while due to the round robin/sudden death format. It is long and :snarage: .

On a random note, looks like having Dolby Home Theater for my PC sound really helps since that Daz.Va video is much louder and you can hear more compared to all my previous POTG videos. :lol:
Dank Buttsen

king.neko212
Porter
Custom Rank: Why?

Post by king.neko212 »

yeah, determation for stuff like that is too much for me :lol: :fdat: the only "competitve" mood i only got sucked into is splatoons :LOL:
its really too much for me, since id probs be salty from losing a score :LOL:

pls call her :hole: .va :pi: :okay:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

HMPH!

Dank Buttsen