Metal Gear

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: Metal Gear

Post by MisterHentai »

I personally don't and never did like his Old Snake voice in MGS4 any way. Too fake and forced.

Besides, this one is Big Boss (Or "Venom Snake"), he's a different person, so it makes sense in the end.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
riccochet
Porter
Custom Rank: Low Poly Porter

Post by riccochet »

MisterHentai wrote:I personally don't and never did like his Old Snake voice in MGS4 any way. Too fake and forced.

Besides, this one is Big Boss (Or "Venom Snake"), he's a different person, so it makes sense in the end.
Hayter did voice this version of Snake in Snake Eater and Peace Walker though, and Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain follows those games.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah and they ended up differentiating the two for a reason.

Hell, looking all the way back now, that's like saying why the need to have Liquid and Solidus be different too.

Metal Gear has always been very dumb about things, but in the end, it still works out.
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

Im not saying that Hayter > Kiefer as Snake.
Its just that he doesnt seem to have much opportunity to show what he can do with the character.
he sounds less involved compared to Hayter's rendition of Snake. As a result "Punished" Snake often fades into the background, for instance conversations in the recording tapes that you find. Sometimes its just Ocelot and Miller talking their ass off with Snake giving a pinch of input form time to time (even worse sometimes i find it hard to distinct the voices between these characters in those tapes)
compare this to codec conversations done by Hayter in previous MGS, he had a lot of input which helps develop the character snake and the story.

storywise this doesnt make sense either, i cant understand if Solid Snake is quiet as a rock but its Big Boss who according to Kojima is more human than Solid Snake.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Well you have finished the game right and seen the actual endings?

Cause it makes alot of sense in the grander scheme of things.

Sure Kiefer could've definitely talked more (No doubt them hiring costs! :LOL: ), but again, it does actually play into what "Boss" has become and his evolution as the character we see him to be.

So many people keep on saying the story doesn't make sense. Would be nice if they can for once say what part of it is. :pi:
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

DLC cotumes for male and female soldiers, and horse armour for D-Horse!

HURRAY!!!!!!!! :yes: :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

Much Oblivion Horse Armour DLC! :LOL:

Not going to buy any of those anyway, even though I haven't seen any picture :pi: The only DLC I might buy is a story expansion with the cut content, but I doubt that'll happen :okay:

EDIT: dat EVA outfit though :dats:
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Give Quiet the "Banana Split" treatment so she can "breathe" better! :ggl: :LOL:
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Although MGS4 never had a true re-release aka Sub....whatever monkier, it makes me wonder if they will eventually bring that back for Phantom Pain. And even assuming DLC implementation is easy to do for the existing game so that they don't need to.

Hell, it maybe possible that both Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain can be integrated into the same package and game in the future?

Cause yeah, the amount of cut content is ridiculous. The game is still good, but the tons of extra dialogue (Yes, Kiefer does speak much more!) and stuff like the Eli Mission 51 could've made it even more amazing than it already is.

All depends on the morons at Konami though. :LOL: :okay:

And going back to the E3 2013 trailers and gameplay footage, there were a couple of other cool gameplay mechanics and additions that never came to be. :(
Last edited by MisterHentai on Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dank Buttsen

raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

MisterHentai wrote:And going back to the E3 2013 trailers and gameplay footage, there were a couple of other cool gameplay mechanics and additions that never came to be. :(
Is the PT decoy even in the game? :okay: I was looking forward to that but the only active decoy I have is Snake's :runcry: