Metal Gear

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Metal Gear

Post by Vonman »

Did you guys see the new Metal Gear Ground Zeroes trailer?

WOW! :shock:

DerekStrife

Re: Metal Gear

Post by DerekStrife »

I really don't understand fans sometimes.
Metal Gear was meant to end with MGS2, fans wanted another game, MGS3 happens, but NOOOO, fans wanted a sequel to MGS2, so MGS4 happens and wasn't even supposed to exist... AND THEN, MISSING LINK ! MGS PO. Who wasn't a missing link. And hey ! Peace Walker, who is another "MISSING LINK". And now... Another missing link ? Another missing link between PW and MGS5. Really ?
Also, I don't really like the technology used after PW, there's too many anachronism.

Even if it looks good, and I know that Kojima is really good at making games and great storys... I really hope that one of my favorite game series will end.
Vonman

Post by Vonman »

DerekStrife wrote:I really don't understand fans sometimes.
Metal Gear was meant to end with MGS2, fans wanted another game, MGS3 happens, but NOOOO, fans wanted a sequel to MGS2, so MGS4 happens and wasn't even supposed to exist... AND THEN, MISSING LINK ! MGS PO. Who wasn't a missing link. And hey ! Peace Walker, who is another "MISSING LINK". And now... Another missing link ? Another missing link between PW and MGS5. Really ?
Also, I don't really like the technology used after PW, there's too many anachronism.

Even if it looks good, and I know that Kojima is really good at making games and great storys... I really hope that one of my favorite game series will end.
people need to have faith in Kojima. he actually is capable of making other great games that is not MGS. but i guess they wont let him do that easily, they need to milk this franchise more xD

i could always use another MGS tho. for some reason i never get tired of it. always a suprise in every installment. i think since the story has reach its end, whatever happens next MGS GZ and onwards theyre most likely just prequels people can choose to entertain it or just let it be.
DerekStrife

Post by DerekStrife »

Vonman wrote:
people need to have faith in Kojima. he actually is capable of making other great games that is not MGS. but i guess they wont let him do that easily, they need to milk this franchise more xD
Add to that, the fandom who wants sequels every single time. Perfect combo for Konami.
i could always use another MGS tho. for some reason i never get tired of it.
That's the power of Kojima. Even when he don't want to do a sequel, when he does, it's awesome.
... Except Peace Walker.
i think since the story has reach its end, whatever happens next MGS GZ and onwards theyre most likely just prequels people can choose to entertain it or just let it be
MGS2 was supposed to end the series. Same with MGS3. Same with MGS4. I hate you fandom.
Bluej97
Porter
Custom Rank: Porter

Post by Bluej97 »

Weird trailer for new IP at VGAs could actually be an even weirder viral campaign for Metal Gear Solid 5...

Published on Dec 8, 2012
Phantom Pain is the game revealed at the VGAs that everyone is asking questions about but no-one has the answers to.

A theory quickly emerged that Phantom Pain was in fact a Kojima title and furthermore, possibly a Metal Gear title. Kotaku editor Stephen Totilo mentioned this during the VGAs and the detective work began in earnest.

But why is it being looked at as a Metal Gear title rather than a new IP?
Read it all here: Link
It may be possible that this is Ground Zero. Never saw the trailer though, just saw the news.

I hope it comes out for PC. But knowing Kojima, it won't. ( just like with rising, they told us it'll also be for PC. -.- ) >:I

edit: or it isn't Ground Zeroes, probably a new MGS, MGSV

edit: Ground Zeroes is different from project Ogre ( MGSV )
"FRESSHU BAKED DESU CHAN STIXXXLUV EXXXCLUSIVE PREORDER NOW!"
-RoXXXeh-
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

:roll:
Letters fit perfectly on the lines coming from the original logo.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Bluej97
Porter
Custom Rank: Porter

Post by Bluej97 »

TRDaz wrote::roll:
Letters fit perfectly on the lines coming from the original logo.
lolyeah also Kojima is the one of the biggest trolls in the gaming industry. ( MGS2, I played it up to 3am and the colonel went nuts. ) I wonder what will happen if he teams up with Kamiya :lol:
"FRESSHU BAKED DESU CHAN STIXXXLUV EXXXCLUSIVE PREORDER NOW!"
-RoXXXeh-
Vonman

Post by Vonman »

awhh man... if this is MGS 5, what'll happen to Ground Zeroes? might become a 3 piece game like Final Fantasy XIII, with Ground Zeroes, MGS 5 and Revengeance.
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Well Ground Zeroes is the open world game that takes place after Peace Walker and is also a prologue to the eventual MGS5.

Revengeance is set few years after MGS4 and is it's own thing.

So you got nothing to worry about here.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

GZ will be released before MGS5 I think, they revealed it much earlier than this, and following what MisterH said, they would want to release a prologue before they release MGS5.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.