Whats your favorite old school console?

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Arch-vile
Custom Rank: Negative Creep

Re: Whats your favorite old school console?

Post by Arch-vile »

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sega/gen ... rive-games
I found this site that lists the rarest most valueable Genesis/Megadrive games. LOL at the first two. Four of the games on the list I still own Splatterhouse 3, Streets of Rage 3, Gunstar Heroes and Toejam and Earl. I won't be selling them though, especially not Gunstar Heroes.
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUU!!

I have that "rare" Tetris game in one of those Japanese 8-in-1 bootleg game cartridges, if only it was a proper thing, I would be rich! :lol:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Arch-vile

Post by Arch-vile »

Oh man, that's a shame. :lol: I have the red cartridge version of Maximum Carnage. I never knew that game had a boxset. Some of those games on the site I played on Sega Channel. I remember playing Nightmare Circus one time and hating it so much.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Either way the bootleg cartridges are some of my most important. Plenty of awesome games and the Tetris one also had Columns, which was perfect for my mum, and like most mums, they are damn good at these sorts of games.
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Arch-vile

Post by Arch-vile »

Not mine. :lol: You should have seen her when I tried to teach her how to play Dr. Mario. My mom was good at Asteroids and Breakthru for the Atari 2600.
rballad
Custom Rank: Om Donal

Post by rballad »

Is ps1 considered retro? Because it'smy favorite, the golden era of jrpg, titles like final fantasy 7,8, and my personal favorite final fantasy 9. I still remember the train scene in which black wizard no 3 attacks the train . Epic
Arch-vile

Post by Arch-vile »

Well, I consider any console released between 1972 & 1998 to be retro so yeah. Playstation was an awesome system. I mostly played action, fighting, and racing games. I never really got into RPGs.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Depends relatively to your age, but yeah, most old people say "retro" by meaning anything from the dawn of videogames up till the MegaDrive and SNES consoles, so the 8-bit to 16-bit era.

PSOne would be retro in the sense of the 3D graphics generation though.
Dank Buttsen

Deathwine
Custom Rank: Wario

Post by Deathwine »

Can't say I have a favorite 8-bit console since I never grew up with the NES. But my favorite "Retro" console is probably the N64 (If we're counting 3D graphics) or the SNES (If we're not counting 3D graphics).
d19xx
Custom Rank: Lurker

Post by d19xx »

I still have a Japanese SNES(Super Famicom.) With Street Fighter 2, Prince of Persia, Super Double Dragon, WWF Raw and Chrono Trigger(battery's dead though.) It still works and I played Double Dragon on it a month ago.