Whats your favorite old school console?

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Arch-vile
Custom Rank: Negative Creep

Re: Whats your favorite old school console?

Post by Arch-vile »

The arcade version was pretty decent. If I remember right, it was a 3 player game. I didn't understand back then why the graveyard level did not have thriller as the stage music. I think it was because Michael did not write the song or something. Speaking of MJ, did he really compose music for Sonic 3?
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

I remember that, so much controversy and speculation. And then add to the fact that alot of the tracks in the old Sonic games were similar to some of his music too.

Him and Sega had some odd relationships though. I mean there is also Space Channel 5, and I remember seeing pictures and panoramas of his personal arcade room, which had a ton of Sega related stuff, so you know they both worked out fine.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Arch-vile

Post by Arch-vile »

He was also a hidden boxer in Ready 2 Rumble Round 2. I was curious so I looked up Action 52 on ebay and it's cheaper than Moonwalker. The most expensive cartridge was for $429.99 which included the box, instructions, and the comic book. I wish I had that kind of money to spend. :lol:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Oh yeah Shaquille O'Neal as well, which brings it into a segway, Shaq Fu. What the hell was they thinking with this one? :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Arch-vile

Post by Arch-vile »

Well, Barkley and Jordan had their own games so why not Shaq? It had some good graphics and animation but I hated the way every character jumped. It was so hard to land jump kicks. Plus you could just trap the CPU in the corner and kick them to death. It's still better than Rise of the Robots and Slaughter Sport.
Arenthor

Post by Arenthor »

Arch-vile wrote:Who the hell would buy this? I could understand the price if it was the arcade game, but a Genesis game?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-Jackson ... 4abf241e0a
Well if it was uncirculated and never opened, I can at least SORT OF understand it. Doesn't mean it isn't still stupid!
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

At least it's a game though. I've seen some people who would pay a ton to simply just buy a box.

Last I read of such a thing many years ago, I think was one of the 1970/80's Apple Macs and someone paid a ridiculous amount just for the box of it. :?
Dank Buttsen

Arenthor

Post by Arenthor »

MisterHentai wrote:At least it's a game though. I've seen some people who would pay a ton to simply just buy a box.

Last I read of such a thing many years ago, I think was one of the 1970/80's Apple Macs and someone paid a ridiculous amount just for the box of it. :?
See, my first reaction is "Well, maybethey're a collector" and then the immediate, likely truer answer is "YOU STUPID IDIOTS"

lol. Some people just have more money than brains!
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Lol yeah. But you know, that was a box of an old Apple product, so you know how their fans can get. :D
Dank Buttsen

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

MisterHentai wrote:Lol yeah. But you know, that was a box of an old Apple product, so you know how their fans can get. :D
Some people will do anything for their "religion". ;)
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."