DmC (Devil May Cry Reboot)

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

DerekStrife

Re: DmC (Devil May Cry Reboot)

Post by DerekStrife »

MisterHentai wrote:Oh well at the end of the day, this Dante is still young so he still has plenty of time to grow.
+1.
MisterHentai wrote:Well considering the lead designer at Ninja Theory is this...

Almost close. :LOL:
They don't look like each other... Plus it's his old 3D model, so...
RoxasKennedy wrote:I wonder if this game will be easy on you when it comes to the combos.

I love combos.

One thing I never mastered was jump cancelling, and I see it's present in DmC.
Well, jump cancelling is not important. The combos seems a little bit too simple, but well, it's not that bad.
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

DerekStrife wrote:They don't look like each other... Plus it's his old 3D model, so...
No but the basis is quite obviously there and you can see why alot of people joke and make fun about it.

You always seem to want to have a counter argument in the tone of your replies don't you?
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

I'm curious about something.

I wonder how would those people who bawwwled over Dante's new look react to Dante's DMC4 beta look?

Hey guys, it's Vaante!

:LOL:
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah Final Fantasy + The Crow was my initial reaction when I first saw that.

Any way, date for PC release is 25th January 2012. Handled by QLOC who have been the same company that has helped Capcom with their previous PC releases.
Minimum System Requirements:

Processor: AMD AthlonÔäó X2 2.8 Ghz or better,
Intel┬« CoreÔäó2 Duo 2.4 Ghz or better
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB free hard drive space
Video Card: ATI RadeonÔäó HD 3850 or better,
NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800GTS or better
DirectX®: 9.0c or greater
Sound: Standard audio device

Recommended System Requirements:
Processor: AMD PhenomÔäó II X4 3 Ghz or better,
Intel┬« CoreÔäó2 Quad 2.7 Ghz or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 9 GB free hard drive space
Video Card: AMD RadeonÔäó HD 6950 or better
DirectX®: 9.0c or greater
Sound: Standard audio device

Joystiq
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Runa

Post by Runa »

I'm quite worried about the PC requirements... but since I don't own a console it's the only way if I want to play this game. I will probably have to use lower settings, but it's not a big deal. I'm sooooo curious to try DmC, I couldn't even play the demo >_< and considering that at first I heard voices that said the PC version would be released in April, I should consider myself lucky.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
RoxasKennedy
Porter

Post by RoxasKennedy »

^ PC version is coming 25th of January.
RoxasKennedy
Porter

Post by RoxasKennedy »

OMG OMG guise check this awesome AMV rite nao!!

Oh yeah, and it has spoilers, I guess.
Unused Chesspiece

Post by Unused Chesspiece »

I'm gonna weigh in on this too. I conformed to the opinion of the Hivemind when they initially announced it, but I stepped off the hate train as I learnt more and more. Having bought the game, I can say this......

From a storytelling point of view, I think that the new game is better than the other four before it. Up to this point, the plot in the DMC games truly was B-movie Quentin Tarentino stuff. Great fun if you're willing to just enjoy the sillyness of it, but not so much if you have a habit of asking 'Why?' I think that the more grounded, westernised approach to the storytelling is one of the best things to happen in DmC. The idea of demons controlling our media and banking system unseen from Limbo is far more interesting than demons just being there somehow to do some killing.

Character development has improved too. I'm gonna refer to my Quentin Tarentino remark again, since in the past games, Dante and company are practically japanese flavoured cardboard cutouts of said movies(with the exception of Nero-He's Cloud Strife with a bit of 'attitude'). But here the characters are not one dimensional, and actually show some depth about their personalities. Dante and Vergil's relationship is a big testament to this, and I'm gonna stop before I venture into spoiler territory.

That being said, I feel that the gameplay's weaker than it's been in past games. My biggest fear of Ninja Theory taking up DmC, was them making it like heavenly sword, which plays alot like God of War, which means QTE over actual gameplay. Thankfully, they haven't taken this route, but..... I found combat to be alittle awkward at times. More than a few times I was using a weapon I didn't want to use, which became a bit of a pain against enemies with angelic/demonic invulnerability. Get past this though, and you'll find that the game just doesn't have any balls. Bosses provide absolutely no challenge, and there are only a few enemy deployments that'll bite alittle. And even then you need to be playing on Nephilim difficulty for that to happen. For the most part, it's as if the majority of enemies exist soley for you to practice your combo chains on.

TL;DR DmC was good, but it could have been great.
Black_Hill

Post by Black_Hill »

hey ! (Okay excuse my english since it's not my primary language, and I'm not gonna say this in every post XD)

I have to agree with you Unused Chesspiece, about the game being a little too easy, in every mode. I was one of the haters at first too. The more I heard of it, the more I wanted to know about it, until I decided to preorder it. Cause really, the demo was not enough to build a good opinion about the game.

So the plot, that's a point I'm not happy with. I know it's a reboot, but I still expected answers, since they touch the original story as well. I'm still looking for my answers, wich is sad. Overall though, I like the concept of it, interesting details about limbo and how the transition is done. I'm not going to spoil anything either though.

The gameplay ? Meh... Not very exciting to me. I got 2 major bugs while playing too, wich made me think the game was not totally ready for hard players like me and other DMC fans. Dialogs got me surprised too, funny, and a little out of character to me.

And yes, you are totally right about the bosses not offering any challenge. Damn, that's it ?... <-- That's exactly what I said after beating them all. Son of Sparda mode would be the normal mode to me, litteraly.

BUT! I liked it anyway, I don't have only complaints about it hehe ! I found myself enjoying it every second, waiting for those cutscenes more than playing I must admit lol xD And the new look of Dante is not that bad, even if it took me long to accept it haha ! But I guess it's fair thing since this should take place at the very begining of DMC (Assuming it's a reboot too).

I hope I didn't mess up english too much with this :P

-Black Hill-
ssringo

Post by ssringo »

You guys should check out Angry Joe's review of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4NaBrFkiDo

It's actually a fair review even though he makes fun of Dante's look. It's quite funny actually. I was quite leery of buying the game because of Dante's design but Angry Joe convinced me to actually try it out.